Obama Benghazi

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, May 10, 2013.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Example?

Hey, you posted the video. If you don't want it shot down, then don't post it.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

1: why do I need a link to Dems who pander to their base for donations? You telling me Democrats are truthful and honest?

2: posting a video has nothing to do with caring about it being shot down.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, I asked for an example of democrats manufacturing a scandal for political purposes using the deaths of Americans. Still waiting.

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

LOL.... But still, this is good. We need to make the motherfuckers pay who think they can get away with this shit. I think this is a big win.

7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Thought this might interest some of you....yet another committee completes their Benghazi investigations only to find that there was no cover up, no wrongdoing....just a tragedy. This makes four investigations that have found no wrongdoing yet we continue to waste tax payer money on select committees from dim wits like Trey Gowdy. How many more? This latest one was led by 13 Republicans and 9 Democrats, hardly a partisan group.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm sure they will do it a few more times.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I was reading this today and remembered this thread.
    "As a group, Special Operations veterans are prone to a kind of “moral injury” in which actions in the heat of battle can weigh on their consciousness for years or even decades, said Jonathan Shay, a clinical psychiatrist and author who studies combat-related stress. The effects are amplified by a loneliness that comes from leaving the extraordinarily close-knit world of a SEAL team.

“SEAL teams are very cohesive: They are highly trained and then cross-trained in each other’s specialties,” he said. “Leaving that intensely connected small group is a big deal for many of these men.”

Even those who appear outwardly to adjust to civilian life often battle hidden problems, experts say. Divorce is common among retired operators, and a sizeable percentage of veterans end up seeking escape, sometimes through alcohol abuse or drugs.....
    The allure of Hollywood employment contrasts sharply with the difficult slog many veterans face after leaving the adrenaline-soaked world of Special Operations, according to veterans and mental health experts who specialize in treating them.

Some veterans struggle financially, faced with steep pay cuts and limited job prospects after leaving active-duty service. Many bear psychological and sometimes physical wounds that require years of treatment and therapy, experts say.

“There is a hole there,” said Taylor, the Virginia state representative who served as a SEAL for eight years. “You’ve been doing this for 20 years, and now you have to replace your income and do something that is going to be fulfilling to you. That’s hard.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bi...just-to-civilian-life/ar-BBet49z?ocid=DELLDHP

red55 likes this.
  10. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

It doesn't just apply to SOF. I would wager that it's pretty much the same with most combat arms guys who've been on multiple deployments. There's no doubt in my mind the same will be true for me in the very near future.