Been one hell of an off season.. Ready for the season to start.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Swerved, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I hope everyone had a good off season. You know me, I am pretty dormant around here when the season ends.

However, my off-season was quite literally life-changing... I had a double lung transplant on January 12th. Back a couple of years ago, I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis. So my off season has pretty much been dealing with recovering and fixing a few complications with the new pipes. Given what I was told was the alternative (2 years at best), I am quite happy I decided to go through with it. Overall I think I'm getting better, and LSU Football will most certainly help that. Lets do this!

GEAUX TIGERS!

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Jeez, man, that’s serious shit. Sure hope you continue to do well.

I’d imagine your perspective on LSU football and Oeaux is a bit different than you may be reading, LOL.

Geaux Tigers! Really ready for the season to begin.

six pack dan likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Holy crap @Swerved got yourself two new bags huh? Man I am glad you are still on the right side of the grass.

Glad to have you back brother and godspeed on the recovery. At least it wasn't your ticker, I feel the cardiac cats might put a few people under this year.

HalloweenRun, GiantDuckFan and kcal like this.
  4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I now know I live a charmed life. Thanks for the reminder, but above all, congratulations for fighting like a mf'er to overcome an almost certain life sentence. Take away that chili cheeseburger I had today and you are my new inspiration. You, sir, are an honorary co-captain for your golden girl of choice. Yunno, someone to keep your slippers in optimum performing condition. Well deserved

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Kinda but I'm tired of thinking about medical shit... With that said I feel like it's shit, piss, or get off the pot for him. I acknowledge the fact he's in a tough spot with the fans but he has to step up and surprise people this year if he wants to win them over. I always wish the coaches an team the best though, whether they deserve to be fired or not. Hell I loved Miles as the head guy but he wouldn't/couldn't adapt and was given ample opportunity to do so, so he had to go. That's part of coaching in the SEC, and why they make what they make.

Affirmative. Well, not new I guess but newer than the ones I had before. And I am glad to be topside as well. I got a wife, 2 daughters, and 2 grand-babies to spoil.

Thanks for the congrats. I was a no-brainer as far as I was concerned. I tell ya what, I could tell you everything that's taken place since 2015 and you all would tell me to write a country song.. but I will spare ya'll the details. Another bright point in all of this is that I managed to lose 50lbs in the process... lol.. I'm wearing a size 32 jean now for the first time since high-school.. Was kind of an aggressive weight loss program but I'll take it..

I hope to make it out to the Bama game for some tailgating if I am well enough. I have to go have a stent put in my right lung tomorrow (outpatient) because one of the airways is kind of flat and closed up. If it works as planned I should be doing pretty well after that.

furduknfish, Winston1, kcal and 4 others like this.
  6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Wow, Swerved. Glad you are on the road to recovery

kcal and shane0911 like this.
  7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Good to see you back @Swerved! Prayers for continued healing.

I do not wanna have to go your route, but I'd sure love to lose those 50 pounds!

Prayers also for your care team tomorrow. Looking forward to your input during the season.

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

Hmmm....I have pulmonary fibrosis.... Fuck.....

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You have a great attitude considering all you have been through. Just keep on truckin' dude. Life is one long strange trip.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Will be pulling for your continued recovery Swerved. Stay positive amigo and stay positive about our Tigers and our coaches.