Been awhile - Hope Miles stays

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 25, 2015.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Been awhile since I have posted.
    I know I am in the VAST minority (maybe two people I know) of people but I do not want Les to be fired or leave. I like many grow weary of the toss dives into 10 man fronts or the decade long failure of a QB who can throw a forward pass or an offense that actually get a snap off, outside of the one Mett, Landry, OBJ year.
    However I also recogonize that there hasnt been a coach in my lifetime who has embraced our home state and city like Mile's has. Who has with all his ability run a clean program and run it with Integrity. LSU is our culture and he has done a great job of representing it and embracing it.

I know everyone is doing cartwheels over Fisher. Really?
    This just came out on ESPN

http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/id/1...tment-seminoles-football-players-accused-rape

Sorry I want to beat Bama like anyone else, but not by selling our soul with a win at all cost mentality.

No and again I know I am maybe one of two people who feel this way outside of the players and their families. I want Les to stay. Make changes to his onfield approach, fire OC, DC and ST coaches. Bring in a young OC and let him take over. Stay out of it.
    But I can sleep at night know we wont become Thug U or what I predict we fire Les and in the next 11 years have 3 coaches none of which smelled Les's record to date.

TigerSnarl, unclenick, roynav and 3 others like this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Miles isn't staying and he's not changing without getting fired. LSU and Miles both need a fresh start.

3. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

It's not just the blandness of the offense, it is, as you noted, things like 10+ years of not being able to get a play call in on time. That is the HC, plain and simple. It is not knowing when to call a time out, or how many you have. We could go on and on, and I would say that my preference would be to keep Les as well, providing he was capable of changing, which he obviously is not. He has had a ton of chances to do so.

As for the rest, I don't want Jimbo Fisher, and have been consistent on this all along. I like the fact that Miles has not drug our name through the mud when it comes to recruiting, or keeping players on the team who should be canned. Fisher has no such qualms and as such, I don't want him.

furduknfish likes this.
  4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I wouldn't be so sure we will get an "upgrade" I know everyone is 100% positive he is gone. Just like all the noise around "every DC in the nation will be lining up to coach LSU's defense" really we ended up with a multi-fired Alabama cast off who sucks. If he does go I will be a fan of him for life. I will of course root for whoever leads LSU and the team. But I am not so sure we are going to end up with some homerun coach. Way I see what coach wants to come here when we ran off the most successful coach in LSU history and one with one of the best winning percentages in ALL of college football since 2005.

Again I get it. I am completely in the minority on him staying. 95% of people want him gone. I just think we are over reacting to a bad three weeks. When 95% of us predicted a 9-3 season anyway to start the season. Yes the losses were horrendous but we got all Giddy when we started 7-0 but did by beating ONE decent team (Florida) and had to do a fake FG to do so.
    We have (had will be more accurate if Miles leaves) the number 1 recruiting class in the nation. I saw great things in the future.
    I just think we are burning it down for all the wrong reasons.

But hey that is just me...

TigerTap, didit and StaceyO like this.
  5. boweswi05

boweswi05 Senior Member

I a
    I disagree with you 100%

Richdog likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Glad you are back. Too bad it's just in time to watch Miles float off into Bolivia

Winston318 and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. boweswi05

boweswi05 Senior Member

Thanks man. I should have waited one more week then. Would have been a lot more interesting then.

8. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Les is a CEO coach. As long as he let's his coordinators coach, he is fine. The problem is he did not do this. The power got to his head, and he believed we could be a 70's Michigan running team and win.
    I hate the way this is being handled. If we do not have a replacement commited like Jimbo, than I believe we will be the next Michigan, Nebraska and even god forbid Alabama.
    He lost Chavis! The best defensive coordinator in college football period!!!
    I have been to two National Championships games that we won. Still the best game I ever attended was the Florida game in 1997, so spoiled young fans, it does not suck when your team is going through a down period to win against the number 1 team in the country.
    We have been spoiled for a good period. I will bleed purple and gold no matter What!!!!!

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You have posted that you are familiar with Moffitt and his strength program. I know he is nationally respected but tonight Allen Risher said that even in the early season it was obvious that the players were fatigued in the second half of ever game. Looking back now that seems to be correct. The question is why

10. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I too don't want that ass clown Dumbo Fisher. I couldn't stomach it if we hired him. I'd rather keep Miles and that says a lot cause I've wanted him gone for a VERY long time.