Bedliner on truck exterior

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by BAY0U BENGAL, Jun 14, 2017.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

On a side note, a guy I work with has a body shop business. I casually asked him how much to paint the truck, quoted me close to $10K. I had no idea paint was so expensive

2. BAY0U BENGAL

Terrorist

Bengal B likes this.
  3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

lol

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Or its just practical for some. I for one like the way it looks. Add to that I can get on the highway with an ice chest in the back of my truck and it stays put at 70+

I can see if it is just a "work" truck but for us poor folk they usually double as "our" truck as well so we like to keep things looking nice. Nothing uglier than a truck bed that has beat to hell except most of tiga high school hookups. It's definitely not stupid Kyle more like protecting an investment.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Even if it is "just a work trock" if you are a contractor how does it look to a prospective client when you go to bid on a job and you pull up in a beat up looking piece of shit? You have to factor in how many jobs have you lost as opposed to the cost of keeping your truck looking good.
    All of the successful contractors I know drive good looking heavy duty boss trucks. Better to look like the boss than a fly-by-night itenerate crackhead wino.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

My ice chest stays put just fine.

Mine doubles as my truck as well. It looks just fine. No dents on the body, the bed is another story. It is made to withstand the daily work that I use it for.

I've lost exactly zero jobs because of my truck. As I said above, the body of my truck is perfect. The bed is another story, however, you don't see the bed from outside. A bedliner does absolutely nothing to make your truck look better when on the road. Just admit it that y'all bought into the hype and wasted your money.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Then you either have it strapped in which is a PITA in itself or you drive like Ms Daisy. I guarantee you that I'd have that cooler and all inside of it strewn across the highway and without trying. Things slide on a bare truck bed.

8. BAY0U BENGAL

I don't see the downside in them. Other than spending the money. I've seen a ton of beat to shit beds in my day. Figure a good bedliner would at the very least slow it down.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've lost a couple of coolers like that. No problem on the outgoing trip because it's filled with beer and ice.
    If I catch fish it's filled with fish and ice on a way home. It's when I don't catch anything that the cooler is light enough to blow out of the bed.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Semi derail. We are near MCAS Cherry Point. There are lot of small businesses in the area that support maintenance at Cherry Point. One near is is ULTRA PRECISION ENGINEERING. When we first got down here their sign was pitiful. Cheap wooden sign, in the ground on a slant, semi painted, just a P.O.S. I used to always comment that the sign did not go with the business.

One day my wife, who works at a credit union, conducted a transaction with a guy, who worked at ULTRA PRECISION ENGINEERING. She commented how her husband (me) made fun of their terrible un-precision sign.

By the end of the week, the sign was replaced with a truly "precision engineering" worthy sign.

Fun to be a change agent!

Bengal B likes this.