Bedliner on truck exterior

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by BAY0U BENGAL, Jun 14, 2017.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I have got Line-x in my bed and across the back of the tailgate. One of the better decisions I have made. Strongly recommend.

If you put that stuff all over it, I think you will get the EMO look you might be after. Ugh. I would think long and hard about doing the whole vehicle!

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

You have to remember why I started this thread. I have a 22 year old Bronco I plan to keep until the day I die. For me, I'm trying to find something that isn't just plain flooring. Because these bitches rust. When the top is on, it's an SUV, and I don't want it to be any louder inside than need be. not that bedliner will make it sound proof, but it will help some. But yeah, rust is an issue

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Oh, I hear ya. For your application, I see no problem. I was simply getting a little off track and passing judgement on bedliners, not your intended use of the bedliner product.

4. BAY0U BENGAL

I've changed my mind about doing the whole thing. But I'm considering doing the hard top. I may just sand it down and then hit it with some rattle cans and clear coat it. I've seen some tops smooth and others that have kept the textured appearance of it.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You can still nick that stuff though. Doesn't hurt as much as if it were paint but it's still not bulletproof. May be cheaper to repaint the whole thing.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

For me it's either:

Buy the replacement vinyl for $300
    Spray in bedliner for $100-$400 depending on which one I go with.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

The inside or the whole thing?

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Maybe I'm not understanding you but you were talking about spraying liner on outside, right? As in doors, hood, etc.

9. BAY0U BENGAL

I was thinking about it, but I don't think I would like it after a while. Originally I was trying to get opinions about the exterior, but that's out now. Now I'm just focusing on the interior. Just got off the phone with line-x. $420 for the cargo/backseat area. $850 for the whole tub. And they do all the seat removal and wire moving

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In about 1990 I had rust in the bed of a 1982 F-150 that I had bought new. Made me wish at the time I had gotten a bedliner when it was new.