Bedliner on truck exterior

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by BAY0U BENGAL, Jun 14, 2017.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Im already going to pull the vinyl out of the rear and spray in a bedliner, most likely raptor liner. But now I'm thinking about raptor lining or durabacking the exterior of my Bronco. i can't find any decent google images, but better yet, just want some opinions. I'd like to go gunmetal with black on the rocker panel and black for the hardtop. It's solid white, but I'm going to paint the hardtop black either way because I think it'll look good. You can get the duraback in a smooth finish, but if the texture isnt so bad, I think a raptor liner exterior would be nice too. I know it'll most likely fade, which will not be a total deal breaker.

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Never have heard of this. I would think a textured, rubberized surface would be a PITA to clean. Personally, I don't put money into non-essential things (custom paint, stereos, etc) on vehicles.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

That black lid is gonna be hotter than a hooker in a cotton patch.

HalloweenRun and LSUTiga like this.
  4. BAY0U BENGAL

I bought this solely for the purpose of putting non-essential things into it. But that's a valid point about cleaning it.

The top is only on to keep the rain off while I'm not driving it. I like em topless yo

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Some of them just won't come clean with a garden hose but if you spray it with the higher pressure nozzle at the car wash it's pretty easy to clean. And when did a stereo become "non-essential?"

6. BAY0U BENGAL

Probably meant an entire system. I figure a pressure washer would be needed.

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I'm talking about upgraded stereos. Whatever comes with it is what I use. Vehicles just depreciate too fast to put money into them.

My stock, 6 disc changer got stuck in "change disc mode". 24 hours a day it was trying to change the damned disc. Instead of replacing it, I just opened up the dash and took it out. It was like Chinese water torture hearing that thing constantly changing. I unhooked it, and fortunately, the am/fm, sirrius, and bluetooth still work fine. I rarely used the cd player anyway.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Dam Kyle, I thought I was tight.

KyleK likes this.
  9. BAY0U BENGAL

I had an '04 F-150 that had the top part of the gear shifter pop off. Never fixed it. Would've been $10 from pull-a-part. Now I'm bedlining the interior of a '95.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I have Line-X in mine and it is freaking awesome.