BCS: Schedules of teams ranked above us

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, Oct 16, 2005.

1. LSU

LSU Founding Member

USC: at Cal, Fresno State, UCLA. Those teams are ranked #26, #20, and #11.

Texas: Kansas, at Texas A&M. Against Colorado in the Big 12 CG (they beat Colorado at home 42-17).
    Note: Fortunately, the Big 12 CG has offered us some of the greatest upset games in recent memory (e.g., Texas over Nebraska in 95?, Texas A&M over Kansas State in 98, and Kansas State over Oklahoma in 03).

Miami: at Wake Forest, Virginia. If they win out, they will face FSU in ACCCG.

Alabama: LSU's chances depend first and foremost on beating Bama.

One loss teams that could in a wacky world jump us, but more possibly hurt our computer rankings. Let's hope they lose:

Penn State: only one game remaining, at Michigan State Nov. 19.

Virginia Tech: at Virginia, North Carolina.

Georgia: Auburn, Kentucky, at Georgia Tech. If they win out, which would actually be good for LSU, we will face them in the SECCG. In a LSU-centered world, LSU would beat this UGA team, who would probably be ranked between 6 and 9, thus preserving Florida's high ranking. Florida's matchup against Florida State could be important for the computers.

Oregon: at Washington State and Oregon State.

Fresno State: if they beat USC and win out, they might be ahead of us in some computers.

Anaylsis:

Best case scenario for LSU is that everyone ahead of us loses at least once more. I think USC has quite the task ahead. Texas will have trouble in the Big XII CG in a rematch against Colorado. I'd say the chances of both these teams winning out is 50/50. That leaves the door open for one one loss team.

If USC loses, I think they could still go the Championship Game since they are so far ahead in the polls and everyone still would say they're the best team in the nation.

Miami will have to lose for LSU to jump them.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agree with most of this. But I think UT and USC have about a 80/20 chance of staying unbeaten at least since they are better than every team they both will play. I also do not think Miami would have to lose. If they were to play another 6-3 game with a 3 loss FSU and we would beat UGA handily we could definitely jump them, even if it is for third place in the BCS.

3. LSU

LSU Founding Member

USC: Fresno State and UCLA.

Texas: at Texas A&M. Against Colorado in the Big 12 CG (they beat Colorado at home 42-17).

Miami: Georgia Tech and Virginia. If they win out, they will face FSU in ACCCG.

One loss teams that could in a wacky world jump us, but more possibly hurt our computer rankings. Let's hope they lose:

Penn State: only one game remaining, at Michigan State Nov. 19.

Virginia Tech: at Virginia, North Carolina.

Oregon: at Washington State and Oregon State.

Fresno State: if they beat USC and win out, they might be ahead of us in some computers.

It is important that Florida beat FSU and that Georgia wins its last two against Kentucky and Georgia Tech. Also wouldn't hurt for Tennessee to win its last two so we don't have the embarrassment of losing to a team with a losing record.

In all of this, it would be nice if the media brought to the forefront the effects and influence of Hurricane Katrina and Rita on this season, especially the first half of it when it was a tremendous factor.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

So..... For those of us who maintain optimism until the bitter end....

This weekend we need:

- LSU to win very convincingly
    - Colorado to whip Texas
    - Florida State to upset Virginia Tech

Darkhornet, islstl, whatya think?