BCS: Schedules of teams ranked above us

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, Oct 16, 2005.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Actually, he did start this two weeks ago, but the post quoted was from yesterday.

To answer Hawker, Penn State may be able to jump LSU for a week or two, but I don't believe there is any way Penn State would be able to stay ahead of LSU with LSU playing a possibly undefeated Alabama team, and another Top 10 team in the SEC Championship game.

On a side note, I just took a look at the Sagarin rankings for the week, and LSU fell from 13th to 17th this week. I expected us to fall a bit with the game to North Texas, but that's much more than what I had anticipated.

2. NoGeaux

NoGeaux Freshman

"but the post quoted was from yesterday."

Correct I was replying to the quote from yesterday.

Also we move to 6 in USA today poll, but a few more votes behind the U and with UCLA moving up a few votes on us

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Good analysis. I agree with the comments regarding ND-USC. The only thing that can make LSU's loss to a 3-4 team look better is if said team upsets ND...though that's kinda like saying a polishing a turd is worth something meaningful.

Oh, and to add to the "best case" scenario in the ACC, how's this for best case: Miami over Va Tech next week, Fla. St. loses regular season finale to Florida...and bounces back to beat Miami in the ACC title game to avenge their season-opening loss.

All that happens, and a 11-1 LSU enters the Sugar Bowl at #3 or #4, at the very worst (a 10-0 UCLA win over USC puts them ahead of LSU, even in this scenario).

4. BAMATIDE12

BAMATIDE12 Founding Member

The national championship is completely out of the question for yall. The fact that yall still think it could happen is laughable. I'm not trying to be a jerk but look at the facts. Alabama is undefeated and #4 right now and the chances of the Tide making it to Pasadena are slim to none. LSU still has to play at Bama and then IF (big if) they win that one, they would have to play UGA or UF again. IF they were to win the SECC they would still have one loss and would have to hope that two out of the top three teams lose. Not to mention if UCLA keeps winning and is the team to beat USC, they'd go to the Rose Bowl over LSU. LSU is basically gunning for a 10-1 regular season, 12-1 overall with an SECC and a Sugar Bowl win which would be an amazing season. Yall really just let an average UT team come back from the dead and ruin your chances at the national title. If yall had beaten them, then LSU would be #2 or #3 and in great shape. Anyways, yall still have national title talent so I expect the Bama-LSU game to be a great one.

5. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

Regardless of how it turns out........let's not bitch and whine and condemn the BCS and have our own national title rings made if we don't make it.

That's lame.

6. jeremyws1

jeremyws1 Founding Member

I'm sure Bama would do that. Then they would add it to there other non-existent championships. I love the "if we think we are #1, then we get a championship" attitude...laughable.

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Our chances are as good as ya'lls....

Think about it... Ahead of us sit USC, Texas, VT, Bama, and Miami....

Either Miami or VT lose this weekend, putting us at 5.... We then beat ya'll and that puts at us 4.... same position as you: hoping that two of the top 3 lose....

So, I will quote you here...

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

LSU and Auburn are the two best teams in the SEC... and the season will bear this out...
    However, the odds of LSU getting to the Rose Bowl (with all the events that would have to occur) are so slim at this point, they are barely worth discussing.
    sad, but true.

9. jeremyws1

jeremyws1 Founding Member

Agreed!

It just won't be the same with the Sugar Bowl in Atlanta after a SECC.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

everything you say is probably true. We would be doing great to get to the sugar.

I will say this though LSU is going to expose Bammer in your own house. It won't be pretty or tough or a big struggle. It will be one of those hyped games that is all over TV but everyone will turn the channel due to the sha ----lacking that Bammer is getting at home. The announcers will start to wonder how UT ever beat LSU and will say stuff like Bama has been overated.

the network will wind up cutting to another game like Slippery Rock University Vs Candy Azz State, just to keep from becoming ill.
    Brody Cryole will see his home turf so much he'll start wondering what type of grass it is and could they make it softer?
    Bama's silly dreams will be doused like a huge cow pissing on a fire ant holding a match.

And LSu will do all this in memory of Cholly Mac. LSU!

And then Auburn will wipe up the mess that is left of Bamma.
    and that won't be pretty either.
    and all the polls will say see we told you no one was as good as USC. another SEC team falls, eaten by it's own conference.

So enjoy your fun time now, it is coming to a close for the elephants, when the Tigers come to Town.
    mark it down. :hihi: