Bayou Picnic Recruits

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, May 27, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

LSU expects dozens of top recruits this weekend to attend the Bayou Picnic, the Tigers' biggest recruiting event of the spring.

LSU will hold its annual Bayou Picnic on Saturday, the Tigers' biggest recruiting event of the spring. The coaches invite dozens of their top prospects from throughout the state and region to spend a day on campus with their families.

The event includes food and music, tours of the campus and facilities and a lot of one-on-one time between the coaches and recruits. This weekend will attract big names across the board, both in the classes of 2016 and 2017 at every position on the field. This event typically produces a commitment or two, so this should be another big one for the Tigers.

Below you'll find the list of recruits expected to attend. The list is subject to change over the next few days, and TSD will have plenty of more preview content to help get you ready for the massive Bayou Picnic.

LSU Targets:

S Deontay Anderson

OT/DT Raekwon Davis (Alabama commit)

S Eric Monroe

DE Erick Fowler

CB Trayvon Mullen

DE Rahssan Thornton

RB Kingston Davis (Michigan commit)

LB Lyndell Wilson

OT Willie Allen

WR Clyde Leflore-Chriss

LB Michael Divinity

DT Rashard Lawrence

DT Stephon Taylor

CB Kristian Fulton

RB Devin White

CB Greedy Williams

DE Chris Allen- 2017

OT Adrian Ealy- 2017

S Todd Harris - 2017

QB Lowell Narcisse- 2017

ATH DeVonta Smith- 2017

LSU Commits:

DT Ed Alexander

WR Dee Anderson

ATH Clifford Chattman

S Cameron Lewis

TE Jamal Pettigrew

WR Stephen Sullivan

LB Dylan Moses- 2017

DT Tyler Shelvin- 2017

Other Notables:

DE Andre Anthony

DE Caleb Roddy

WR Parker Orgeron

QB Keytaon Thompson - 2017

DE Gordon George- 2017

Ben Miles – 2017

Aaron Moffitt – 2017

LSUTiga likes this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Deontay Anderson, the No. 3 safety in the nation, has always had LSU high on his list, and he plans to visit the Tigers this weekend for the Bayou Picnic.

Four-star safety Deontay Anderson plans to visit LSU this weekend for the Bayou Picnic, an annual event held on campus to attract top recruits.

Anderson has been a top LSU target since the Tigers offered him back in April 2014. He's taken multiple visits since, and the Tigers are line to host him again this weekend.

Anderson narrowed his long list of offers to 10 back in February, and LSU made the cut along with schools like Texas, Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Alabama among others.

“LSU, I love it," Anderson said in a video interview with Scout's Ahmard Vital. "I love Coach Raymond. I love Coach Miles. He keeps in touch with me everyday, see how I’m doing, see how my grades are doing. He talks to my dad all the time. I feel very great there. You see the DBU tradition they have.”

Anderson ranks as one of the top three safeties in the country. LSU already has another four-star safety committed in Cameron Lewis, but the Tigers would love to add even more talent to its secondary.

Anderson's set to compete at The Opening this summer and the Under-Armour All-American Game in January. He intends to announce his commitment at the UA game.

“That’s my plan," Anderson said. "I always wanted to since I was little. But things could happen and it holds until National Signing Day or it happens before the Under-Armour game. It just depends.”

LSU figures to be one of his finalists regardless of when he announces his decision, and the Tigers will have a chance to strengthen their position on his visit this weekend.

Dozens of top recruits from Louisiana and outside the state are in line to visit LSU this weekend for the Bayou Picnic. Stick with TSD for coverage leading up to Saturday's big event as this figures to be a major week for LSU's recruiting efforts.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Pickup in the Picnic....
    [​IMG]
    (Photo: 247Sports)

LSU is hosting a big-time recruiting function with the Bayou Picnic on Saturday, and the first domino has officially fallen.

The Tigers have landed a commitment from Shreveport four-star cornerbackAndraez Williams. "Greedy" chose the Tigers over a double-digit offer list that also included Texas A&M and Ole Miss.

"Yeah, it's official now," Williams told the Geaux247 staff in a text message.

Williams is ranked as the No. 12 cornerback on the 247Sports rankings.

This is LSU's 10th commitment for the 2016 class. Stay tuned to Geaux247 for more on this breaking news.

4. LSU John

LSU John Freshman

Another highly rated recruit to DBU...Congratulations on you choosing LSU and tiger fans look forward to you making big plays for years to come....Geaux Tigers.

LSUDad likes this.