Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

1. A win over Missouri gives LSU a No. 3 finish and the 8:30 p.m. game Friday.

2. An LSU loss at Missouri could still give the Tigers the No. 3 seed, so long as Tennessee (16-7, 9-7) beats visiting Florida (13-7, 9-6) on Sunday (11 a.m., ESPNU). Such a scenario would leave LSU and Tennessee at 10-7 in the league, but the Tigers would have the tiebreaker because of their 78-65 win over the Volunteers on Feb. 13.

3. If LSU loses to Missouri and Tennessee loses to Florida, the Tigers would be the fourth seed at 10-7 with Florida the third seed at 10-6.

lsu-i-like and kcal like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Are you sure? I bet I woulda been frustrated at least once.

Jmg likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You are in a club of one

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

Having a mix of athletes and guys who can run an offense seems like a smart move. Don’t know why it has to be one or the other.

WW hasn’t shaken it yet. If he can successfully ride it out, more power to him. But we already lost a major recruit because of it. We might have been 1st in the SEC if not for that.

If you’re comparing LSU to a lot of teams, you don’t really want to ascend college basketball. You gotta do something exceptional to be exceptional. WW hasn’t earned a statue just yet.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the goal is winning, not recruiting guys who play the style you like. if he recruited exclusively 5 stars that hated each other and were selfish and the offense looked awful, but they still won, thats great. same thing if they recruit kids with no talent but that work super hard in a perfect harvard offense and won. the goal is to win the games, not to avoid frustrated fans who think they should be better.

would you not recruit 5 stars like watford and thomas? those guys are what they are. offensive minded one on one players. you can coach them, but thats what they are. maybe they dont work great in the sort of offense you like, but they score a whole lot and LSU is a hugely effective team on offfense, even if you are "frustrated"

we lost one, maybe, but how many have we gained? how many kids chose LSU because will wade is seen as a badass gangster that tells big organizations run by out of touch white people to fuck themselves?

when wade arrived they were going on 10 game losing streaks and the players were shit. he came in and brought top 5 recruiting classes. so why are you calling him out for losing recruits? he is SPECTACULAR recruiter.

well wade is the exception in that he has won more games since he arrived than anyone else in the SEC. he has exceeded by a mile any reasonable standard for success anyone could set for him.

you seem to think the standard for WW to succeed is that you are not frustrated. the actual standard is to win, get the double bye every year, and make the tournament consistently.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you would have whined they won by 60 and not 70. the alley oops from magic to jordan were not dunked hard enough. the bulgarian team they beat by 100 didnt cry enough.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

They probably didn’t beat somebody’s ass bad enough. I was kidding though, I probably would have enjoyed it. I enjoyed the 2019 football season well enough.

8. lsu-i-like

Yeah, me not being frustrated would mean we are pretty bad ass. The ultimate standard should be to exceed the standard more than once a decade. I give WW a B- so far this season and a B+ overall. That could change depending on how we finish.

I think I’d try to have a core of athletic brainiacs supplemented by basketball freaks.

I was a little excited about baseball until Oral Robert’s yesterday.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if you dont like losing then baseball will really hurt your feelings. wining 65% of your baseball games is awesome

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

I get into it if we make a run in Omaha. Or if the team generates a lot of buzz during the regular season. My heart is in football and basketball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.