Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

cam thomas and brookly probably favorites to win nba title next year

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

smart to heat, watford to trailblazers

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Undrafted

shane0911 likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Should have stayed

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The counter is they might not have upped their stock, but they might have made some scratch with NIL that they may never see in the g-league. The LSU brand is more valuable than the g-league’s brand.

mctiger and shane0911 like this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nah, they wouldnt have been drafted if they stayed, nor is it important to be drafted.

naz reid is gonna play out his rookie contract and make BANK in a year. if you are talented enough, and you make summer league and g league and impress, you will make it. if you arent good enough, staying in school forever wont help much.

years back the nba draft shrunk to 2 rounds. many many useful players go undrafted and an argument can be made its better to sign with whoever you want and needs you as a free agent than be drafted later than the 1st round.

watford and smart will have their chances, like naz before them. their problem isnt that they need more schooling, its that neither of them are explosive NBA level athletes. watford is slow as molasses and smart barely ever dunks. i hope they get rich playing in serbia or spain.

the team here in baton rouge has been doing team building stuff i see on the 'gram. paintball, then wiffleball in the softball indoor field, and just now, hot yoga. notable: gaines is bigger now, which isnt saying much because he was an atomweight before, and also rookie 5 star efton reid looks HUGE and athletic. wade calls him 7'1 but wade lies. but maybe not this time. reid was standign next to some fellas i know to be hosses and he was a tower.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

yeah NIL makes things different. for all i know they coulda made 400k this year saying how much they love rouses market and bellue's cajun sausage.

i am very curious how this shakes out and i hope to see billboards with darius days murdering a local chinese buffet on it or something amusing like that

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i saw javonte play in some sort of sumer league heat vs lakers. he made a couple treys and most impressively a couple really excellent passes. we might have forgotten that he was at or near 40% from 3 last year, and he was firing em from deep. hope he can keep it up.

i had torchys tacos for lunch today, the one across from PMAC. saw ezewiro and murray and fudge walking around. ezewiro is not tall, but very thick. i think he will play like a poor man's days. stronger inside but weaker outside.

MobileBengal and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the following fellas are playing in NBA summer league

jerrell martin
    antonio blakeny
    emmit williams
    skylar mays
    t watford
    j smart
    c thomas

dunk it hard, my niggas!

MobileBengal and shane0911 like this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

tremont waters has not been renewed with the celtics and will be an unrestricted free agent.

no idea if he has an NBA prospects or if its time to dust off his passport and head for belgrade or haifa

lsu-i-like likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.