Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

just heard wade on the radio. he said he owes it days to make this a showcase year for him. he says it will be great that there are bigs here now so days wont have to manage all the big man duty anymore.

wade says tari eason is a monster, and eason plays the 4. but surely days will start. maybe days will play the 3 and eason is the 4, with reid of course at 5.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

wade says starters should play 27 mins, because the data shows that after that they get less efficient. he wants to be able to play 9 guys.

every year i think we have more depth and more guys will play, but i am always wrong. maybe this year.

lsu-i-like and MobileBengal like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That’s great WW; now do it.

shane0911 and mctiger like this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

josh gray to south carolina

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i checked on the FIBA u19 tournament in latvia to see how well adam miller is playing.

the roster for that team looks to be some serious superstars, including chet holmgren, 7 foot white skillmonster, who i suspect will be the best white 7 footer ever by a wide margin. he is heading to gonzaga for one season.

anyways, the whole team is super good and miller is not one of their better players. these guys are first rounders. miller had 3 points on 1-3 3 pt shotting, a couple assits and 4 turnovers.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

11 points and 7 assists from miller as the US smoked korea in latvia

lsu-i-like and kcal like this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i like to keep up with former LSU players

today i read about new south carolina center josh gray. quotes from the SC coach:

"
    “From an offensive standpoint, he was really raw in high school and didn’t play much at LSU. I have my opinions on why he didn’t play, but I’m not going to share those. If he’s willing to come in here and work, which is what we spoke to him about in high school, he’s going to get an opportunity to play. “If he commits to that work, I think the ceiling is nowhere near where any of us can touch"

reading between the lines here that josh gray is not a hard worker. big, fast athletic, and doesnt care that much about basketball. would prefer playing pokemon to putting up shots. i remember one time i saw a video following the team and he was on the bus giggling about how cool his vintage gameboy was or something. seems like a guy who plays basketball because he is big and everyone desperately wants him to. i remember when wade was talking about the swag bag for the tournament, and he said only gray would care about the jigsaw puzzle of the bracket. i always got the impression gray was kinda a gaming geek. the opposite of cam thomas, the incredibly serious NBA worker. has the gym keys and putting up shots at 5 AM.

that said i hope he gets some serious dunks for the gamecocks. maybe gets good enough to go play in serbia or something and earn enough for all the vintage n64s

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

now that paying players is legal, it seems like insanity that the NCAA would bother caring about what will wade did 5 years ago now. surely that case is just laying around gathering dust and about to be trashed and forgotten.

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

seneca knight, who never played a minute for LSU after transferring from san jose st, has signed with BYU.

review of outgoing transfer players:

seneca knight BYU
    jalen cook: tulane
    aundre hyatt: rutgers
    charles manning: u south alabama
    josh leblanc UAB
    josh gray: south carolina
    bryan penn johnson vaporized into the ether

so few vets returning:

o'neal
    gaines
    wilkinson