Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't think the players are rare. An "elite" defender maybe but I think just about anyone can try to stay in front of someone. The problem is no one wants
    to play defense. Take Russ Westbrook for instance, that guy is an incredible defender, when he wants to play D. Rarely does he.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

true, defense is about effort. maybe i should say guys that want to and will play defense are rare. some dudes dont, and wont.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Drives me crazy! All about the effort. Westbrook actually played well on defense at UCLA, think he maybe even won something not sure but nothing in the nba

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Defense rarely gets anyone on SportsCenter, unless you're Lebron James blocking a shot.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Missouri transfer guard Xavier Pinson commits to LSU

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

he doesnt seem that great. the big from ECU is announcing today

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the big from ecu went to Virginia

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

there are no roster spots, according to my calculations.

seems like the only real ossibility is gray is out and a very athletic rim protector replaces him. or nothing, which is fine.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

with xavier pinson added, lets update my projected lineup

1- PG pinson starts, he has tons of SEC experience. backed up by gaines and cook.

2. SG freshman strongman scorer brandon murray, or seneca knight. possibly knight because he has more experience, he is the san jose state transfer.

3. SF aundre hyatt. he has been improving, and he is a worker on the boards, and still has potential as a shooter. was really getting into the mix late. he is backed up by wilkinson for defensive duties, and incoming highly ranked skinny fella, alex fudge.

4 PF josh leblanc, i am giving him and hyatt starts purely on experience, and because wade says he wants his team to play "older". he is backed up by shareef, and if shareef is healthy he might take the start.

5. C jerrel colbert, i watched some video of his and he looks both impressively polished and athletic. but very skinny. but one person who isnt skinny is the very thicc 6'8 monster bradley ezewiro, who, along with josh gray are the backup big fellas.

again thats the veteran lineup, and gaines and fudge and sharref could very easily earn starting roles.

i have heard wade say he wants a team with 3 point guards and 3 centers. well, he has it. for now. the folks i feel like are least likely to actually make it on the roster are, in order, gray, ezewiro, knight, cook. thats pure speculation on my part. i get the impression one big man is still coming, and i dunno where he fits, but will wade says "i can count to 13"

this is a far different team, almost an opposite team, all length and athleticism where last year was all below-the-rim scoring skill. could be a far more dynamic defense and more high flying dunkin as well. i like dunks they make this nigga chuckle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.