Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Kids DGAF about the NCAA is more accurate

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

"with the support from my family, friends, coaches and teammates, I will be declaring for the 2021 NBA Draft with the plan to hire an agent. This has been a lifelong dream of mine. Geaux Tigers" - t watford

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

He should be a terror in the g-league.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am worried for him, he doesnt have explosive athleticism. i worry the NBA athletes will eat his lunch

then again, neither does luka doncic

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I see him playing overseas for a bit....

shane0911 likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This is a product of the times. Greed coupled with an over inflated sense of self. Parents are the worst, then comes announcers all telling these kids how "great" they are because we are supposed to be nice.

I like the old days much better when you could just tell someone they sucked or just not good enough. I'd bet Wade has said this to him in a much more subtle way but it doesn't resonate because all he sees are dollar signs.

Watford is working somewhere with his name on his shirt in 5 years. Days in 3

Smart and Thomas actually have a shot, a small one but at least a shot.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i disagree entirely. he should go pro and play as much as he can while he is under 30. even if he ends up balling in serbia or israel thats a fun career. he can finish his degree any time.

i dont see any value to him returning. he can learn against better players in the G league.

tasmin mitchell played in france israel and russia, that sounds really fun to me. now he has a great job as essentially the player liason/coach under wade. thats a pretty fun life and a nice career to have.

days, i dunno if has the potential to make as much money. he cant move with the ball.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. shane0911

From what I have seen neither can Watford. Good take and I can see that and agree. I was speaking more to the NBA. He just doesn't have it from what I have seen. $20 says he doesn't get drafted.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the question is whether another year would help him get drafted. i dont think so. i thought you meant he was making a bad decision. i dont think he is. watford i mean.

days is undersized for his skillset and has no position in the nba

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. shane0911

I do think he is making a bad decision because I do think another year would help him. He doesn't have the handles to play in the NBA and that is the goal right? To be with the best of the best! Playing in Italy or France is fun but that isn't where the real money is and it isn't where he really wants to be. Another year to work on his game could pay huge dividends for him while on a scholarship and probably get him drafted mid 2nd round next time. As it stands he will shoot himself in the same foot he often dribbles the ball off of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.