Baseball showing no intensity!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigeretteHUB, Mar 20, 2022.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think he's talking about the play where we tried to score a guy from second base on a routine hit to left field. Poor base coaching.

And I admit, my first thought when HUB said "they sent him home" was that someone got kicked off the team.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I didn't think we kicked anyone off the team.

Scoring from 2nd on a base hit is fairly routine. Was looking for context. Aggressive coaching is ok if its at the right time

3. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Very disappointed in how we looked against Texas A&M. Only thing i can take away form that series is that our pitching is at the bottom of the SEC this year. We do not have a starter who can pitch a solid 7 innings. I also think A&M is better than we thought so there’s that. I know it will take some time to figure out things in the field. Adjusting the lineup with Doughty batting second and Berry at cleanup was the right move but were going to have to move Doughty back at third and maybe go with Bianco at 2nd. I really don’t know who you can plug in at short but Thompson has shown flashes there so I think well just have to go through growing pains with him there. I still believe this team can make it to Omaha this year but were going to have to scrape and claw our way there until we can find some consistent pitching from our starters.

TCUTiger likes this.
  4. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

I like your thinking but I don't see it. Can't field, can't pitch and can't hit for effect/ in the clutch.