Politics Ban the Fleur-de-Lis

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If we're not too busy taking down Rebel Flags and knocking down statues of Confederate generals maybe we can find some time to paint over the Saints helmets and get rid of that disgusting symbol of human bondage, the Fleur-de-Lis. And while we're at it lets ban music in New Orleans too. Black musicians played and sang for the amusement of whitey.

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...ew-orleans-saints-fleur-de-lis-logo-offensive

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Will never happen. Tattoo shops would fold like a cheap map. Fences torn down. They would have to dedicate a landfill to accommodate the wealth of embedded articles. Burn books. Impound over half the the cars in the area. If you want the south to rise again, ban the fluer de lis.

We can ban the symbols of slavery, but we can't ban the memory of slavery. Wanna ban something, ban the french and spanish flags. The flags that brought them there. Toss in the british flag too, just for good measure. Worst of em all, really.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So there is a positive side after all.:D

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Not only that tear down the mansions of New England shipping magnates. Many slaves were brought over in their hulls. Better yet identify all those blacks whose ancestors owned slaves in the south before the war. There were several in the Cane River area and in New Orleans as well as elsewhere.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ridiculous

gumborue and Winston1 like this.
  6. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

if we are going to be ridiculous lets go all out... I SAY GET RID OF THOSE DAMN PYRAMIDS IN EGYPT..TALK ABOUT SYMBOLS OF SLAVERY AND OPPRESSION. And what about that stupid letter "A" that some team puts everywhere for god sake they had a book that talked about people who wore that letter... truly offensive :p

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Aliens built those pyramids

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are pictures of pyramids on our money. I say everybody should send all their paper money to me and I will properly dispose of it.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would suggest Dr. Whatever his name is, stay the fuck out of Louisiana if the Fleur offends him.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Wait, now we DON'T have to take down what offends other people? I'm confused........

HalloweenRun likes this.