Bama's Great Season...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerStagg, Dec 6, 2008.

1. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Of course not. But that was a different stage and different program. This game will be viewed nationally, if not internationally. I wouldn't feel this way if they had to face even a tOSU or Penn St., but Utah? :huh: I EXPECT bama to handle it, but if they don't, I promise I won't lose any sleep. ;)

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

In all fairness to the Utes, i'd have to say both programs are pretty well matched. But i do think Utah is a better team and will win this game.

3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

A Utah win will open a LOT of doors though. Boise State's win over Oklahoma brought discussion about mid-majors in the BCS. If Utah can get a huge win over a team that firmly sat at #1 for a good 7 weeks, you may see some more legitimate talks about whether or not Utah belonged in the BCSNCG.

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Interesting points in seeing the longer view. I can see the +/- on both sides and both ways. So I am still wanting to know if Saban went into a corner and cried, went home and kicked the dog, or killed someone. I couldn't tell at the end there. Man, he looked mighty "emotional." :lol:

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

The SEC may have been down, but they were well disciplined and got solid play from senior QB Wilson, and have a physical, solid defense. They were lucky too, (like here) but you've got to have that to have a great season.

They had a great season, saying it was no good because they didn't win a championship is the same bull they were saying about us in Miles first two seasons.

6. jchamil

jchamil Freshman

Look, Bama had agreat year. Saban is their coach and doing a great job so far. They are worthy competition, lets see if Miles can right the ship here after this season and get ahead of Meyer and Saban. Between Miles, Meyer, and Saban there should be plenty of good games to come and plenty of titles to go around

7. stonecoldsaban

stonecoldsaban Freshman

to be quite honest i thought it was a great season 12-1 with a sugar bowl bid and i think alabama is going in the right direction...it was a great game. i have friends who are lsu fans and i know you guys will probably give me a hard time (its cool...its your board) but i will be rooting for the tigers in there bowl game. i can only speak for myself but while it did sting to lose the game to me it doesn't deminish this season in my view.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

This Bama team reminds me a lot of the 2005 Bama team that was undefeated and ranked #2 at one point after beating no one worth talking about. Same thing this year, Clemson turned out to be a joke, Gawga was waaaaay overrated, Tennessee had one of it's worse seasons in a decade, LSU sucked and AU sucked even worse. Bama finally plays a real team and loses. Great season no doubt, but they don't belong in the top 10. Delusional Bama fans will say they were one game away from a Championship, when in reality they were one game away from another azz whoopin in Miami.

1 person likes this.
  9. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Bama had a great season. 8-4 or 9-3 next year with a new QB and other losses.

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I felt Bama greatly exceeded my expectations and I believe Saban did a solid job of bringing together a new staff and making them productive. Prior to the season, I had them going 8-4, but they managed to avoid the one pitfall that most teams stumble into .... injuries.

Bama remarkably avoided any serious injuries nearly the entire season, something they haven't done since the 1992 team. A one game injury for Terrence Cody is the only one I remember. Bama's biggest weakness, their soft underbelly, was the quality of their depth .... and that never got exposed this season.

As expected, the teams that had experienced QB's performed well, and those with weak QB's did not.

Good job, Bama :thumb:

2 people like this.