Bama's Great Season...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerStagg, Dec 6, 2008.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I do like Miles, although I want to see how he handles this season, and what improvements he makes and then i'll make opinions this time next season.

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux::crystal::helmet: I'm still behind Miles, although I'm concerned as how he will handle this DC hire and turn around the team for '09. I feel confident he'll turn the team around for much better results next year, although I wish he'd hurry up an tell everybody who our next DC is! :geauxtige:champs::LSU231:

3. whodatnot

whodatnot I'm taking the day off

Not unless he takes the Penn State job.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

This is why I think we're still mentioned for the cotton bowl. I believe all the Texas people want us to get sconked by Texas Tech so we won't recruit well in Texas in the near future.

5. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Congrats to Bama and their season. Getting a BCS bowl as a consolation is not a bad deal considering they were 7-6 last season. Good luck to them in NO.

No matter my opinion of Saban, any time the SEC wins it helps us in the long run.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Bama has a great team. However we must not ignore the fact he West was a flat out cake walk this year, the team who finished 2nd had 4 losses, tack on the Bamas rivals Tenn, LSU, and Auburn ALL were really really really bad this year.
    Bama is a good team and will be for awhile but the SEC West and the arguably the SEC as a whole this year was easy pickens. Even UGA turned out to be pretty over rated losing to Ga Tech.

Really if you look at it Bama has one win over a top 25 team (UGA). I think Ole Miss is Ranked in one poll though...

But none the less this will be a formidable Bama team who is well coached. But I think their road will be tougher in future seasons, all these SEC teams (Arkansas included) wont be this bad for long.
    All the stars lined up this year. JPW finally came of age, and a flat out Terrible SEC.
    Saban did a good job and Julio Jones is an AMAZING player.

This probably was their best chance.

They Hammer Utah though in the Sugar Bowl. It wont even be close.

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

This is the key to Bama's 12-0, 3 of their opponents FIRED their head coaches! Very down year in the SEC, and they didn't face Fla. in regular season, or they'd have 2 losses. This is why I thought they'd lose to Fla. Plus Tebow outclasses Wilson (and all the other QB's in the SEC).

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

congrats gumps

true

9. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Yeah, I have to agree. Alabama will almost certainly draw Utah in the Sugar. OU was a joke for losing to Boise St. in the Fiesta. We (the SEC schools) don't need that. I am not really worried about Bama's own rep. As someone said above, I am a bit worried about Bama's psyche at this point. They need to get up for this game and win it. Losing to Utah in the Sugar would be terrible, and would certainly amount to an embarassment for Bama and a waste of what could have been a great season.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

More embarassing then losing to ULL?