Bama really the SEC's best?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Nov 19, 2012.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Before you knight Saban, look at his SEC scheduling. If you don't play the tough Top 10 teams, you're less likely to lose a game. Look at the Top 12 right now. Bama has only played 2 of the other Top 4 SEC teams. They are 1-1. Seems Bama missed out on the enjoyment of playing Steve Spurrier & South Carolina, along with 10-1 Florida. Can't say that I blame Saban for ducking USCe, he's got a losing record against Spurrier. If they beat Auburn as most expect, they'll be forced to play Georgia. But playing teams like hapless Missouri & Tennessee, while LSU played South Carolina & Florida at the same time, absolutely is the difference between being #2 & being #7. Yes they beat us, barely. But where would LSU be ranked today, if we had played Missouri or Tennessee instead of ranked Florida?

Does strength of schedule even matter anymore?

Will Bama ever play a full SEC schedule, with real ranked SEC opponents, other than LSU?

2013 SEC Schedule:

LSU

Auburn
    Georgia*
    Mississippi St.
    Florida*
    Ole Miss
    Bama
    Texas A&M
    Arkansas

Bama

Texas A&M
    Ole Miss
    Kentucky*
    Arkansas
    Tennessee*
    LSU
    Mississippi St.
    Auburn

Yep, he's a genius alright. :confused:

2. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

Saban has nothing to do with the SEC schedule.

CaptainTide likes this.
  3. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Maybe not Saban directly, but he's definitely benefitting from the schedule that the good ole boys in B'ham have lined up for him this season. If Bama drawing weak sister Mizzou this season isn't proof, then avoiding the top 3 in the east for a second straight season to face Kentucky next season is.

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Until you relocate the SEC HQ from the Land of Gump, you can continue to expect impartial treatment for the home state teams.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Does seem awfully coincidental, doesn't it?

6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Lots of concpiracy theorists hangin' out here.;)

7. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Where there is smoke, there is usually a fire. Here is more smoke than all the Cheech and Chong movies combined for yah. Explain to me how the Gumps knew that they were going to visit Mizzou weeks before the conference said they were going to figure out and finalize the schedule for this season, if there isn't favoritism gong on. While you're at it tell me how the conference wasn't looking out for Bama against us in 2009, Auburn against us in 2004, 2006 and everyone including the NCAA in 2010.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Just as a friendly warning.

The longer you guys keep this up the greater the chances become of Auburn sending you a cease and desist letter for copyright infringement.

:D

MeauxJeaux, LSUTiga and TUSKtimes like this.
  9. CaptainTide

CaptainTide Veteran Member

I've really gotta ask. If you guys had played our schedule and had the same record as we do currently, would you question it?

No Florida, Georgia, or South Carolina, fine. LSU played Florida and South Carolina. Lost to Florida and barely beat SC...

I don't deny Bama had a fairly easy schedule this year, but as for if they're the best in the SEC, we will find out Dec 1st.

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Really? So...the winner of the SECCG is the best in the SEC, without discussion? Does that mean LSU was the best in the SEC last year?

cwatsn likes this.