Bama might be a bit overrated.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TheRealist, Sep 18, 2018.

1. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

Their schedule is full of cupcakes.

Their ooc opponents include the vaunted trio of Arkansas State, LA-Lafayette, Citadel, and of course Louisville.

They play one ranked team before our game and that's this weekend, they get A&M in Bama.

I kind of like it, they will probably not be tested, other than possibly this weekend, until we play them.

It's pretty safe to say by the time November 3rd gets here LSU will be battle hardened.

Edit: Somehow they also manage to draw Missouri as their rotating crossover game. Someone should check to see how often that happens...

Edit 2.0: So I looked it up. This is the third time since 2012 Bama has played Mizzou. LSU has played them once in 2016. Things that make you go hmmm...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Frogleg and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I hear what you are saying but I take it all with a grain of salt. We have heard it all before and regardless of what they look like against inferior competition they have top notch talent and as much as I hate him probably the best coach in CFB. I caution you to not let this smoke and mirrors thing trick you into thinking they are soft. When it comes time to play us they will be ready.

Do I think they can be beat, of course I do. It will take an incredible game and laser like focus from our entire team but yeah I think we can get em in our house. They have to really want it by now. Lets Geaux!

3. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

Don't get me wrong, as long as the evil midget is there they will be elite. I just think it's important for teams to go through those battles a couple times a year to really get them ready. Especially with a really young position group like their secondary.

In either case we have a lot of work to do before we get there.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Just because they have an easy schedule does mean they don't have a great team. When the cameras are rolling under the lights on the night of November 3rd they will be ready to play and be laser focused. We better be just as ready and just as focused. I already have the feeling that this one will be another one of those epic battles. Our playoff hopes will be in the balance. The gumps will make the playoffs win or lose because, well, they are Alabama.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Bama 14-0 2018 NC. Dont see them getting beat. Man I hope I am wrong.

ParadiseiNC, CaryLab and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Auburn was a scrap, Bama is going to be a SCRAP! But I like that we’ll have been through the grinder. Some things can’t be taught.

Burrow is pretty special relative to the needs of LSU. I hope Brennan is soaking it all in. Also hope E can actually develop a QB; if we have a great QB waiting in the wings we might have a chance at sustained success.

ParadiseiNC and TheRealist like this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You're ignoring the figurative zebras in the room.

Edit: And we get to play UGA, yea for us.
    Wonder if that SEC office gump is still making the schedules...?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Rouxleaux and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Next year's schedule will be a respit after this year's grind.

9. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

What makes them so dangerous this year is they finally have an offense to match their defense. They are solid on both sides of the ball and can hang points on anybody. I’ve watched this young QB and he is even better than advertised which is scary. Bama is toying with these teams and still hanging 50 on them. I’m with @Kikicaca on this one.

ParadiseiNC and LSUTiga like this.
  10. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Yeah good luck with that. Tua is an alien. Nobody is invincible, but we are gonna have to score to beat them this year. We won't hold them to 10....

ParadiseiNC likes this.