Bama is unbeatable!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robidoux87, Jan 7, 2019.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Not sure if this has been touched on at all in other threads, but did anyone catch the Bama coach's halftime interview with Maria Taylor? He said that Clemson is running 'copycat' plays that other teams have run and been successful with when playing them, like there's something wrong with doing that. There's no shame in that. I think it's brilliant and am surprised it's not done more. Sean Payton has his own spin on doing it. I read in an interview (I think it's posted somewhere in the Saints forum) where he says they watch film of every team every week, looking for creative plays that they think can be successfully incorporated into the Saints offense. And as the old cliche' goes, the NFL is a copycat league, so why not? If you're not trying to get better constantly, you'll get left behind.

Couldn't hurt.

2. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Couldn’t be that the shrimp is just out-coached! There has to be some sinister thing. He’s too good to just have the other team’s coach figure him out.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Alabama’s failing grade vs. Clemson came via coaching

"Bartoo, who consults with major college football programs on analytics, wasn’t surprised at Alabama’s 44-16 meltdown against Clemson.

“It wasn’t the talent," he said. "They had the talent. It wasn’t the schedule. The schedule was set up for them. What they lack are quality coordinators.”

Bartoo said Alabama’s coordinators -- Michael Locksley (offense) and Tosh Lupoi (defense) -- were an issue against Clemson on Monday.

“Finally, in Game 15, it caught up to them," Bartoo said. "You look at those two guys, how many programs can do something like this? In fact, nobody can except Alabama and they couldn’t get it done (against Clemson).”

“Locksley... his career grade is a D-. We’re talking bottom 25 percent of all offensive coordinators before he took the Alabama job," Bartoo said. "And then you have Lupoi, who has never called plays before in his life, so we just gave him a C-grade.

"There has not been a single team win a national title game in the last 15 years that started the season with both coordinators as a C-grade or worse. In fact, the only team to win one with a C-grade at all is Auburn in their basically miracle season of 2010.”

LSUTiga and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Wait, give Stevie E a minute..... he wants to write that down.

shane0911 and furduknfish like this.
  5. Don Castavez

That's why nobody feels sorry for these cock suckers when they lose. Mental errors? 44-16??
    They must've had a pre game team lobotomy.

didit and mctiger like this.
  6. Don Castavez

Anybody saw Ryan Clark's tweet during game ?
    Said 'if 73 backpedals anymore he's gonna have to play cornerback'

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I accuse you of Cajunisn. Boudreaux and Thibodeaux will serve you crow next year.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

tenor (1).gif

Don Castavez likes this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#savages

10. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I’ve got 5 other guys who need to write that down on the team.