Bama Is Good Give Them Credit - LSU Is Getting Better

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Nov 4, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

And offensive coordinator that can modernize this offense.

lsu-i-like and LSUpride123 like this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Right which is why I think Burrow is starting. I for sure think Brennan has a higher ceiling. I DO NOT trust the LSU coaches to get him there tho.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's ironic that a kid from a famous restaurant family wouldn't be able to put more meat on his bones.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

In Burrow’s defense, WR play has been shit. That boar hog tit coaching WRs needs to go.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Can’t blame the receivers. When it’s 3 of you against 6 people covering what do you do? Now the drops prior to this game, yeah. But this game they were thrown to the wolves because the O line and TE’s and backs couldn’t keep Alabama out of the pocket and when they did Burrow would step up or leave it and run right into a Gump.

COTiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I just think this is an overrated factor. We can't take everybody. Auburn has beaten Bama a couple of times since we did it and their recruiting isn't as good as ours or it's about the same. We should be able to compete with Bama and probably win every 3 or 4 years, even with their recruiting being better than ours. We send as many, if not more, players to the NFL. We go in and take some targeted guys from Texas and Florida just like Saban gets a few of our guys. We get the vast majority of Louisiana's top players. A lot of the guys on the field on Saturday would not be starting for LSU right now if they were on our team. What we saw on Saturday is the result of basically having to rebuild the offensive line after the defections from last year, not recruiting failures. Orgeron will get that corrected, I have no doubt.

IMO, the real problem is obvious. We had a string of very good college QBs from Davey to Mauck to Russell to Flynn. We haven't been able to recruit and develop a QB since Flynn. IMO, it's a coaching failure. It goes across 2 regimes now. We need an actual QB expert on staff and we need a real offensive coordinator.

kcal, COTiger, lsu-i-like and 2 others like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Oh we have recruited them alright...

8. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I should have been clear. We haven't been able to both recruit and develop....

LSUpride123 likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The OL and formations didn’t work against Bama. But WRs have been an Achilles heel all year.

COTiger likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Q. You've been very, you were very good in scoring touchdowns in the red zone early in the season first four or five games. The last four or five kind of dropped off scoring touchdowns. Have you seen anything that has kind of --
    ED ORGERON: Yeah, guys are changing their coverage on us. They know what we're doing, we have to be more creative. We have to run the football, we have to do a couple of different things. We had some plans to be a little bit more creative in the red zone but they changed their coverage and some of the routes that we were going to run we couldn't run against their coverage.

[​IMG]

kcal, Bengal B and lsu-i-like like this.