Bama had a bad day

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, Feb 7, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Because we whiffed on QB and CB and lost yet another battle to Bama. I wouldn’t rate recruiting D+, I rate 2017 including recruiting a D+. Too many disappointments. Maybe B/B- on recruiting alone, closer to B- as this is Orgeron’s strength.

2. didit

didit Veteran Member

serious question... going into the season last year, what record were you expecting... remember, we knew going in that we were thin (both in size and numbers) on both lines... then guice was hurt and key basically quit on the team... i had us winning maybe 8... after the troy loss, i was down to 6...

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There is no doubt that LSU did better than I expected but I also didn’t know that 6 of the teams we faced would ditch their head coach before during or after the season. That’s pretty unprecedented. 6 of the 12 teams you play within your conference?

4. didit

didit Veteran Member

but we beat most of them before they got rid of their coach right... we lost to the cowbells but we remained unbeaten against tamu, we've turned the tide of losing to r-kansas after the bama loss, beat the vols and ole piss... we even beat butter teeth and the war chickens when nobody thought that was gonna happen after troy...

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don’t know if I had a number but I wasn’t willing to accept the idea that O had a full rebuild on his hands. Losing all those linemen was pretty disturbing, and some of that is on O. Getting bitch slapped by MooU and bottoming out vs Troy was terrible. I give him credit for circling the wagons and even at least registering a pulse vs Bama.

But then the Canada bullshit was festering and eventually died, which is a huge failure in year one considering the style of coach O is (administrator vs technician). Losing to ND leaves a sour taste too. I’m not a hater; hell, I think I’m a moderate supporter of the guy, but to this point we are still operating on hope and prayers. He needs to start producing on some of the promises.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wasn’t counting Mississippi State, Mullen left on his own. UF, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Tennessee, A&M, I missed one somewhere or maybe I just got the number wrong

didit likes this.
  7. didit

didit Veteran Member

i agree with all of this... in the canada situation, my opinion is that o hired him because he was forced (for lack of a better word) to get the permanent HC position... it's obvious he wanted kiffen and when that didn't happen, he couldn't say ensminger and expect to get the position... i'm willing to give him a couple of recruiting cycles to get his players in before i change my tune...

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Your love for the gumps is astounding baw. You really should move. I bet tuskaloser is a lot like bunkie

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Not sure where you get love from this. The intent is clear that it is joy from their bad day, Lamont.

[​IMG]

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Louisiana is down this year. Next year is a huge one. We filled some important slots. Would love the CB, but talent at CB is not a problem lol.

ParadiseiNC and Bayou Tiger like this.