backstrap

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by shane0911, Nov 5, 2012.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

here are my 3 favorites:

first the good ole wrapped in bacon.....cut into pieces about 2 bites big, marinate in your favorite stuff, wrap in bacon and put on skewer, grill till bacon is cooked.

fillet or butterfly backstrap open, hammer out till it is real flat with a mallet, stuff will bell peppers(if you want more heat then go hotter) and an assortement of your favorite cheeses or cream cheese if you prefer, and any other seasoning you might like, fold shut and pin closed...bake, grill on indirect heat, or smoke whichever you want as this can be done a lot of different ways.

now for my favorite.....cut backstrap into half inch thick pieces 4 or 5 inches long and wide and marinate in whatever is in the fridge, in a cassorole type dish mix in a cup of rice, cup of water, can of mushroom gravy, half stick of melter butter, little tonys and stir up into a soupy mixture. lightly brown backstrap in a little olive oil(or butter) in an iron skillet then add to soupy mixture. cover dish with foil and bake at 350 for about 30-45 minutes then uncoverd for another 15 minutes. about half a decent sized backstrap will feed 6 big country folks this way with a sweet potato and biscuit on the side.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  2. jvalhenson

shoot forgot one ingredient in that last one.....also in the cassorole dish add a pack of lipton onion soup mix to the mushroom gravy and butter mixture.

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

FYI, you can edit your post after you post it.

4. jvalhenson

FYI apparently not if to much time has passed before the mistake is noticed. At this moment the edit button is there for the 2nd post but is not there for the first one.

KyleK likes this.
  5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Just trying to help dude. I noticed it was your only 2 posts.

6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Mmmmm that does sound good......gonna have to try that.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Kyle means you are correct and that you can't edit posts after some fixed time for some odd reason. Welcome.

8. jvalhenson

Yea didn't take anything negative and did mean anything negative in response but guess it did come out a little sarcastic. Don't post much if ever but read very often. Had several other posts a while back but all my info vanished at some point and redid everything so don't have any posts anymore. Not that I had many before maybe 30 or so.

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I've dipped them in egg yolk, then shaken in a container with a cajun fish fry meal. Then cooked in olive oil on the stove. But I prefer to just dust them with Bayou Magic and cooked to a meduim rare.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Chicken fried backstrap! It's a southern thing.