Austin Thomas' Replacement?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Report: Longhorns' recruiting ace Bryan Carrington being pursued by LSU

The Longhorns are in danger of losing a key member of Tom Herman's staff according to a report from Anwar Richardson of Orangebloods.com

Richardson tweeted on Thursday night that Texas assistant director of player personnel Bryan Carrington is currently being pursed by LSU. Carrington has been a central figure for Herman on the recruiting trail, helping land the nation's No. 3 recruiting class in 2018.

He is the assistant director of player personnel. Give him a raise and the title General Manager.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Does Tx really have a recruiting ace? I didn't realize they were setting the world on fire

Don Castavez likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He must not have been there when Charlie Strong was the coach. I didn't realize that Texas had the #3 recruiting class until I read that article.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Maybe they do. So far I haven't seen it translate from the last few years

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe last season was Carrington's first. Herman would have hired his own staff to replace Strong's people.

6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

He was brought in by Herman last offseason. Named interim 10th assistant coach so he could not only recruit on campus as he had done but do so on the road. Texas had a subpar season when Herman was hired recruiting which is typical for a new coach. Ed O was already interim so he did well his first year. Texas had a much touted class this cycle. Did extremely well.

ParadiseiNC likes this.