Austin Thomas gone home to Tenn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Dec 13, 2017.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

What did he do before then? I'm sorry. I'm just not convinced he's the guy that's going to get us back on the level of competing with Bama on an annual basis.
    But what is his recruiting impact going to be next year if he comes back. No more off campus recruiting. I'm sorry. I'm just not getting that worked up about him and his position.

LSUDieHard likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

he

He may not be THE guy but he is an integral cog in the process of moving the process forward and out of the dark ages of Fuddism.

Big. We would rather have him recruiting for us than recruiting against us. And recruiting is not all that he does that is of great importance. His title was General Manager. As @bhelmLSU said, Thomas was performing 3 full time jobs for only one paycheck. Go find another sucker who will do that and do it well. Look, Thomas would have left sooner of later anyway. He will be an NFL GM one day but the longer he is a part of our program the better and faster the program will move forward.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  3. didit

didit Veteran Member

beat me to it...

4. COTiger

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Well he's not taking the UT job, so does that mean he's coming back to LSU?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. didit

didit Veteran Member

i still don't know what you're disagreeing with... most seem to think this is a major loss for recruiting as he was primarily responsible for 2 of our biggest signees last year at MLB (a position of need)... a quote from a recent article, "Thomas was a major factor in recruiting and day-to-day operations behind the scenes. He was instrumental in bringing in Jacob Phillips, JaCoby Stevens and John Battle"... is he irreplaceable, no... but why would you want to lose a guy like this? i'm going to agree with Coach O...
    edit;
    another from UT perspective when they thought they were getting AT; https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...st-hire-jeremy-pruitts-first-tennessee-staff/

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. COTiger

I'm not into trying to read Alleva's mind. :D

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

At this point nobody knows what will happen. I doubt if FucKing Alexander is going to come off enough money to show Thomas the respect he deserves for his role. It seems like the main function of this university president is to sabotage the football program. If I was in charge I would start by offering him at least $300k and expenses, And a car and use of the team plane for recruiting.

didit likes this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Short read, bring your crayons.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Austin is the real deal...he coordinates almost every aspect of recruiting, coaches schedules, player schedules, and his contacts are very deep. etc... It goes very deep and detailed in all his roles and been crucial at LSU for years now. For 3 years now he has been getting looks from the NFL which is impressive for his age. He is technically in administration but the only one I have heard that has an agent. That tells you all you need to know.

Bama pays an adminstrative guy around $200k a year and he doesn't have near the roles Austin had and was making almost $100k less.