Austin Thomas gone home to Tenn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Dec 13, 2017.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

F king is and has been the main problem...approves spending and then cuts Alleva at the legs going at targets based on that promise and then suddenly the money isn't available. Austin was being promised money multiple times and he did his job no questions but the money never came. O tried multiple times to get the money and was promised too and then the same story. Other schools find out what little we are paying him and then he gets promised more money that never came. He gets into serious discussions and then the money appears.

If this was isolated and a one time thing I would mark it down as wanting to go home maybe but I have been disgusted with this for over a year now. I can understand not shooting your wad on Fischer both times you had the chance because that is a huge gamble especially after the year he just had but this makes no sense to me.

Same thing happened last year. We had a coach locked up who is on our radar again this year. Last year we offered him $50k less than what he was making elsewhere knowing he wanted to be here at LSU but again we wouldn't spend the money to match the compensation.

We are seeing it isn't about the money our going home today. Austin gets into Tennessee and realizes the role he thought he was going to have isn't what he thought and the deal isn't final now. Just like what happened when he was at USC. Tennessee will likely resolve it but it shows that what Austin really wants and always has wanted is to be an NFL personnel/GM type and he wants a role to gain that experience and no bullshit. He wanted to be here but we basically gave him no choice with our actions. I know we are trying to be proactive to pay for a 10th on the field coach this year and the rumored 11th the next but our lack of spending is hurting us.

didit, ROY_LA_CA, lsu-i-like and 2 others like this.
  2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

To add to that...imagine making one salary for one job and then adding more duties and then getting a waiver to go out on the road recruiting so adding another full time job and all on a promise for more money that never game. And then a year later with no added money getting another waiver to go out on the road recruiting once again

furduknfish, didit, ROY_LA_CA and 3 others like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Alleva and FKing are both not only fools but slimy con artists too. Thomas was at least as valuable as the lowest paid assistant coach and should have been paid accordingly. Now we are fucked. Who can we hire who can begin to replace Thomas? Even if there is somebody worthy he will talk to Thomas before accepting the job.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If TAF doesn’t pay football staff salaries, from poindexter’s point of view he can’t pay for academics so he can’t justify paying for football. But if it isn’t dipping into academics $ and it’s just an optics issue, what a short-sighted fucking idiot/PHD. And fuck Alleva for being such a cuckhold. Come to think of it, that’s probably why he was hired; the powers-that-be have him by the short-and-curlies. FKing and the BOS three-ring circus. Fuck. (Unless this isn’t a short-sighted optics issue; if the money is coming out of FKing’s pocket, I can kind of understand it.)

6. lsu-i-like

:mad::mad::mad: :(:(:(

https://twitter.com/smokeylowdown/status/942228204605132800

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    stevescookin likes this.
  7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

Could he be wishy washy a second time? If it benefits us, I’d get over it. :D

didit likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Same with Jimbo but bhelm covered it. It's fking undermining everything as usual. He's the issue. Alleva is a puppet. We have to get this cancer out of the administration.

Bengal B and ParadiseiNC like this.
  10. didit

didit Veteran Member

I would too... Worse would be if he ends up in the SEC West but not in red stick...