Auburn basketball reps/employees involved in bribes, wire fraud, etc. FBI investigation results.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TerryP, Sep 26, 2017.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

3. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Bye bye Bruce Pearl, too... At least in the sense of corruption and stuff. This will have to be against NCAA rules and nothing to stop getting a court transcript instead of lacking subpoena powers.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's bad for a handful of coaches. Adidas, bribing a coach and players from a school sponsored by UA? This is just one hell of a weird story.

1b.png

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Can you believe Karlos Dansby is still an NFL linebacker. Just a random auburn thought since he played on MNF. Wasn't it he and dontarrius thomas that wreaked havoc which seemed like 4 years.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Was he part of that '04 undefeated Auburn team? Or, was it he was on the '03 team and in the '04 draft?

Either way, that's a linebacker that been playing ... geez, 13+ years. Geez.

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Former Oregon Ducks 5-star basketball target allegedly took bribe to attend Louisville
    http://www.oregonlive.com/recruitin...sc_basketball_assista.html#incart_river_index

For months, class of 2017 five-star small forward Brian Bowen's recruitment dragged on with seemingly no end in sight.

The 6-foot-7, 194-pound wing, out of La Lumiere School (La Porte, Indiana), had visited Oregon and the Ducks seemed to be high on his list, but his recruitment crept into the summer months - long after every other major high profile prospect was off the board.

By the time it was all said and done, Bowen enrolled at Louisville.

But that may not have come from a sudden change of heart.

According to an indictment recently released by the United States Attorney's Office, four men allegedly funneled approximately $100,000 to an all-American basketball recruit who committed to the university in late May-early June..... The only prospect who fits that bill is Bowen, who seemed enamored with Oregon before showing sudden interest in, and committing to, Louisville.

:cool: Louisville's Rick Pitino and Arizona's Sean Miller,.. they're gonna be out on their butts soon, I'll betcha. I had no idea that Pitino ran such a dirty program, the party girl scandal and now this.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I don't see any way in hell Pitino keeps his job.
    I don't see any way, period, with the moral compass Jurich has shown, he doesn't end up in hell. (figuratively speaking, of course.)

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah let's see how much pull the goodfella actually has. We will definitely find out here.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Right at the moment, it's a problem of significant magnitude for USC. We are just 3 years off probation which included issues involving basketball and this gives the NCAA leverage in the case that Todd McNair has with them.

I knew a football recruit years ago who was offered $10,000 cash on his official visit to Louisville.

If the NCAA had just figured out how to pay players a portion for the use of their image/number, etc, we wouldn't be here. I can see an end around the corner to college basketball. And while it's a useless comment really, doesn't everyone already know that schools pay kids to play for them. Pretty much always have. I know a couple former golden domers who talk a lot about boosters in the locker room after games handing out cash for certain plays. Between this and CTE, I foresee a lot of time freeing up for other activities.