Attrition continues

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TS Dude, Aug 14, 2017.

1. TS Dude

TS Dude Certified NegaTiger

I know losing Lindsey Scott isn't a big surprise to most, but the disconcerting thing for me is the number of players who have left the program since "O" has taken over. Especially, losing the number of offensive linemen LSU has is a big concern. Depth along O-line is a major issue.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Scott leaving is a good sign that the staff is really liking how Brennan and Narcisse are coming along. Would of loved to keep Scott as a practice player. He was perfect in that role when preparing for duel threat QBs

3. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

You know he wants to play and probably sees that chance as fleeting with all the praise for the other guys. Can't blame him for wanting to be a starter somewhere. If he can't beat out the guys we have it's better he move on where he can contribute. Wish him well!!

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

First of all, @TSdude, welcome to the board. Now then, attrition happens every year, to every program. Its especially noticeable when a coaching change occurs, because on every team, you'll have some players who committed to the coach rather than the program. I don't think that's the case where Scott is concerned, but a new coach means a new climate, and not everyone will adapt. You're right, the depth in the oline is a concern for this season, but let's give Eaux a chance to demonstrate he can address and fix the problem.

5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I'm rooting for Scott. He was never going to start here, and so I applaud him following his dream and coming here and competing then deciding to pursue his best opportunity moving forward.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I agree. nola.com just did an article headlined,"What Scott's transfer means to LSU's QB position." That should have been a 2-word article: Absolutely nothing. But I think he'll do well in the right situation.

LSU_4_LIFE, gynojunkie and Brian like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He was offered by Tulane before LSU. Probably would have started last year there.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

At least cite 104.5 when you use them. I forgot what show they said this verbatim when I was driving around town I also hate myself for listening to moscona during football season

Bayou Tiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Kathy Miles go back in your hole!

LSU_4_LIFE and Richdog like this.
  10. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Funny guy lol

shane0911 likes this.