Atlanta Police Chief Resigns

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by APPTiger, Jun 13, 2020.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

First he ran, then he turned and pointed the taser. The cop had a split second to make a decision. I'm sure he regrets it today. Police work has to be the hardest job in the world, and so few appreciate that at any moment every day, a cop may have to make a life-or-death decision.

HalloweenRun and APPTiger like this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I agree about the split second thing got to be one of the hardest things a cop does. If he if wrong people get hurt or die either way. If he fails to react he or other innocent people are hurt or killed. If he reacts then you can have a situation like Atlanta. The Floyd thing was simply inexcusable. Almost a no win scenario for a cop sometimes. Take the cop in the Ferguson case. Although he was totally justified in shooting that thug as that prick Eric Holder even had to admit that cops life is now ruined.

APPTiger likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Just saw the body cam now I am 50/50 on whether the cop acted wrongly. See for yourself but hurry before the biased social media spikes it.

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I think they were by the book up until they shoot the guy running away. Again in this day and age you better not pull that trigger unless your or someonelses life is really in danger. And that was not the case here.

HalloweenRun and onceanlsufan like this.
  5. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Don’t resist, don't hide your hand or make sudden movements with them, don’t run and don’t point a weapon at a cop and things go pretty well for you when you interact with the police.

Frogleg likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If the perp was pointing a taser at the cop that turns it into a danger to the life of the cop.. No, a taser won't kill you but if you are lying in the street helpless you don't know if the perp is going to run away or come back and stomp you to death..

Frogleg likes this.
  7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

The dude was passed out in his car a few minutes earlier he was not going far

8. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Don’t be mistaken, tasers can kill you and have killed people before, it’s just unlikely... I would guess it would be similar to some under 65 with no real underlying health issues and wuflu.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this is the one thing damn near all of this has in common. idiots fighting the cops. and we pretend the black man i a target and every day our precious black young boys may not come home from school.

if your precious black boys doesnt fight a cop, he is coming home. unless anothe rblack kid kills him of course.

* the exception is the breonna taylor case which deserves outrage. but not racial outrage

Frogleg likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Pretty much there with you. I do wonder if this guy would have harmed someone else had he got away looked pretty hopped up, angry and strong to me. What if he went on and took a hostage and killed some innocent person? I would not not want to be a cop these days. Long hour, meager pay, life on the line and because of democrats and the media pretty much hated. I would rather work in a pougy plant

el005639 likes this.