At Least He Didn't Lie

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Nov 23, 2009.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Just rewatched the WBRZ video that Michael Cauble said shows Les signaling the "clock it" call in to Jefferson.

Miles said in the presser that, no, his arm motion was signaling to the refs that Toliver was down after the long catch, because an Ole Miss player had come out of the pile with the ball.

Miles appears to be telling the truth there. He FUBARed the end of the game but took complete responsibility and didn't lie.

That's the best we can say as Tiger fans right now. :eek:ldskule:

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I let out a sigh of relief...restored my faith in his integrity. Now as to the game management issues we all knew it would cost us a game but I'd rather it now than in a season that had more on the line. We basically conceeded 3 losses this season anyway...with the firepower coming back next season we should be in a good position "on the backside" of next season. Lets hope those issues are resolved...

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

TC, you know I'm a Miles fan. I called for him to apologize to Jefferson and the fans for his statements that he didn't know where the call to clock it came from.

What he said today was that he was motioning that the reciever was down and he wasn't signaling for a spike. So there was no lie...therefore no apology was necessary.

What else could he say? He can not admit that he lied, or that he threw Jefferson under the bus. He is in full damage control now so I have to accept his statement that he wasn't calling for the ball to be spiked.

(But I don't really believe his explanation)

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As stated by Coach Les Miles: NOLA.COM
    "I have a great team, this is a difficult time," Miles said. "I understand the mistakes this head coach has made and it will not be repeated."

I think he gets it.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Yea, he took full blame for the fiasco. That's good. But I think he should have done it immediately after the clock read 0:00.

He also is a man of great integrity and it is completely out of character for him to intentionally throw JJ under the bus. But For 48 hours JJ was under the bus albeit unintentionally.

Another good thing is that he keeps what goes on inthe locker room between himself and the team private. I'm sure he handled theat issue privately.

I hope the team rallies behind him this Saturday and play their hearts out for him. If they do that, even with a loss, I'll be able to regain my faith in Coach Miles easily.

6. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I'm a Miles fan too and I watched most of the video following the game. What bothered me most, like many others here I think, was not the loss but the manner in which the loss came. Then that was compounded by the comments coming from both Miles and the players right after the game.

It really looked to me like Miles was calling for the ball to be spiked and then it looked like he was either frustrated that that wasn't going to happen or calling for a FG try. So when he said he didn't know who called the spike, it sure sounded to me like he needed to apologize for lying.

Then comes his explanation in his presser. Ok, if that's what he was doing then there is no apology needed.

But, Steve, I'm with you. I don't buy it. And that really is the sad part in all of this.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I believe his explanation because not only was it out of character for him to make his claim after the game but it also be out of character for him to perpetuate a lie two days later. He has done nothing in the past for me to believe he was anything other than genuine in his explanation.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I would add, that unless some of the members of the team come out and claim otherwise, as does happen when coaches lose the team, I believe Miles is telling it like it really happened.

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

ditto.

okay, i saw a video on youtube, filming Miles from another angle as he makes the 'spike it' motion, and some say that he is mouthing the words ' clock it ' . i can't tell for sure(later on in that video he appears to ask a cop or those around him, as the onfield end of game chaos ensues, "do we have a time out', as he looks up at the scoreboard)

but lets take for granted that he was NOT making the 'spike it' motion, but a TT was down motion.

1) Jefferson did clock it.

2) He was instructed to clock it. (i believe him)

3) Miles stated that he didn't know who instructed Jefferson to clock it in first interview after game.

4) Appears that they are now saying that Crowton instructed him to clock it thinking 12 men on defense/penalty/no time off clock.

5) IF #4 is true, how did Miles not hear this in his headset/know whats going on? (refer to #3)

6) As Jefferson clocks it Miles is seen skipping/kicking down sideline, i gather as a primitive way to communicate his desire to kick a field goal.

i find it difficult to believe that i'm still not sure exactly what transpired, and what the key players were thinking in the end. and if Miles is completely Honorable in all this mess.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I think he does too... and if GC really is a genius, now's the time to show it... imo, he's been reading the writing on the wall for several weeks now, hopefully he paid attention to the co-dc issue last season and is aware he's next if chit don't change.