Astros thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, May 31, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Alex Bregman will be eligible for arbitration next year. According to Ryan Theriot he has already turned down an Astros offer of over $100 million. Another season like the last should put him up there in the $300 million category.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are a bunch of rule changes in MLB. Since they affect the Astros as well as every other team I'll post it in this thread.

I'm not really up on all the changes, just saw a list of them. One of the new rules must have been thought of by a monkey on acid. From now on, a pitcher has to pitch to at least 3 hitters before he can be replaced barring injury. That means no more bringing in a lefty to face a lefty or a guy who gets a lot of ground ball outs to try to get a double play. And on and on and on.

Supposedly the new rules are suppose to speed up the game to make it more attractive to millennials with the attention span of a garden slug. What's next? Nerf balls and bats?

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

all these baseball experts that come up with rules to speed up the game have one thing in common, they don't like to watch baseball

tirk, CajunlostinCali and kcal like this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Bregs 5 yr 100 mill. From 600k per to 20 mill per.
    It will still buy out Bregman's three arbitration seasons and his first two years of free agency. It does not include 2019.

Right after this from yesterday:

WORLD SERIES CHAMPION & MLB ALL-STAR ALEX BREGMAN OF THE HOUSTON ASTROS JOINS ADIDAS FAMILY

adidas today announced a multiyear partnership with World Series Champion (2017) and All-Star (2018) third baseman Alex Bregman of the Houston Astros. A true 5-tool player from Albuquerque, N.M., Bregman will be featured in upcoming adidas brand marketing campaigns and collaborate on the creation of future adidas baseball products.

• PORTLAND, OREGON
    • love how they challenge the status quo, embrace and empower creativity, and how they live at the intersection of sports and culture,” said Bregman. “I want to create change in the game and showcase my personality and creativity on and off the field, so I just knew they were the perfect brand fit for me.”

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He has got the spiel down pat. In the long run counties endorsements he is going to make more money than Mike Trout.

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    tirk likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Lol, this nugget about the Indians is gold

"The rule is, if you have the longest franchise drought in the game -- this is Year 71 for Cleveland -- we get to make a big deal out of each lost season that passes. Sorry to get really dark in the middle of your morning, but about 17,000 people in the Cleveland metro area will die this year, and with the average lifespan in the United States being 79 years, we're getting to the point where many of those departed Clevelanders will have never interacted with a world championship baseball team. This sport promises us nothing, but atop the list of things it should promise is "at the very least, one championship in your lifetime." One is everything. The first is the happiest you can get in this sport."

tirk and GiantDuckFan like this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I am openly pulling against the browns bc of obj and mayfield. Sorry juice. The indians seem like a cuban national team. Who plays for them. Does nipsey hussle play 2nd base.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I didn't want to mention it while it was going on but nice 10 game win streak for the Astros to take ove 1st place in the AL West.