Astros thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, May 31, 2017.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Through 52 games, the Houston Astros have scored 96% more runs (255) than they have allowed (130). That is the greatest run ratio by a major league team at the 52-game mark since the 1905 New York Giants.

Also they have a crazy team era of 2.39 which is the leading factor of that statistic.

2. tirk

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Where do you find such obscure stats like that? Baseball has a statistic for everything but somebody has to put it together to connect those references.

4. tirk

A writer for the ringer. @jazayerli

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Interns

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

always been talk about Portland having an MLB team,.. ebbed and flowed, never took it seriously,.. a lotta talk now, it's different, there's big money behind it.

The Commissioner wants to expand to 32 teams,.. would that mean redividing the leagues into four divisions and a new playoff format? I like it the way it is

There are two teams who want to move, Tampa Rays and Oakland A's,.. A's to Portland is logical, I hope it doesn't happen.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not sure how they would arrange the divisions. If there was an expansion team in Portland and the A's stayed in Okland they could have them and Seattle in the AL Northwest along with who? Colorado would be the best answer if the moved them from the National League. I would hate to see them realign it where it blurred the lines between AL and NL. I would like to see the wild card playoff go from a single game to best 2 of 3.

8. GiantDuckFan

The A's and Rays moving to a different city makes sense. I don't like the idea of expanding, we had to wait forever to correct Selig's folly and get the leagues balanced,.. it's good the way it is,.. quit shuffling the teams,.. let the rivalries and traditions grow.

The question of whether expanding to 32 teams would mean redividing the leagues into four divisions,.. well, that came out of my head, I've never heard any talk about that. I like your idea of expanding the wild card series to best 2 of 3.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If they ever did a total realignment they could keep the natural divisional rivalries like Giants - Dodgers intact while creating more games between teams like Yankees - Mets, Cubs - White Sox, Cardinals - Royals, ect.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

yeah,.. we get a pretty good taste of that now with the inter-league rivals schedule,.. personally, I think the metropolitan area match-ups, Yankees/Mets, Cubs/White Sox, ect, are overrated,.. I know, I feel we play Oakland way too many times each year. Do Cardinal fans actually give a shit about the Royals? I think the rivalries within the divisions are where the fun is,.. but maybe that's just me

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018