Astros making their run?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Sep 24, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Torres was lights out these past 3 weeks closing games, but lo and behold with 2 outs, and Luke Scott comes thru after they intentionally walk Berkman.

I think Wheeler will go 4 or 5 innings if need be. Garner already said we are playing each game like its the 7th game of the world series. If he really means that, then he keeps Wheeler in until his arm falls off. Oswalt could easily go 8 or 9 innings tomorrow, and Qualls could save it if need be. Lidge could be available to save Friday's game, and then you can come back with Wheeler on Saturday....let the mutha throw 45-50 pitches...it's our best chance at winning this game....plus the Cardinals are about to lose again with their horrible bullpen.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

oh man. wild pitch scores the go-ahead for the pods.

stros pull this one out, i wouldnt wanna be the house of cards.

3. tirk

poo-hole may have just jumped ryno howard for the nl mvp. hit a 3 run homer to possible sew up the leaking ship.

2 outs 2 on and he pitches to him. excellent.

4. islstl

Wheeler throws 46 pitches in a 3 inning stint....they intentionally walk both Sanchez and Bey with a man on 3rd and 2 outs (genius call), and he gets Nady out.

Meanwhile, Pujols up with 2 on 2 out and Cla Meredith is in to save the day (hopefully). Unfortunately they pitch to the only guy who is clutch for the Cardinals and King Albert crushes a 3 run homer. My oh my.

I mean do you really think .268 hitting beatnik Scott Spezio was actually gonna get a clutch hit had you walked Pujols to load the bases? He was actually batting .251 against right handers. Good grief!

Bochy is officially out of the running for manager of the year in the NL.

5. islstl

Meanwhile, the Astros are back at it again with not being able to score a god damn run in extra innings. Aint lookin good at all. Wheeler is out. Options #2 and #3 are already gone. You down to pot luck in that Astro bullpen.

6. tirk

that dude pitching for the pirates shutting down the astros in relief is shane youman. pitched for LSU not long ago and made a couple starts for pitt this year.

7. islstl

my problem is with the frickin yahoo who pitched the 10th who came into the game having given up 7 runs in only 6 innings but he ends up mowing us down 3 up 3 down.

8. islstl

Look for Clemens to pitch the 19th inning tonite

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Ahhh, 4-2 win for the 'cards.

Helluva game there for the astros.....

10. islstl

I was watching it on mlb.com and when they came to the bottom of the 8th I was hoping like hell he was going to put in Meredith. Dude is untouchable. Linebrink has pitched a lot lately, but Bochy went with Linebrink instead. Meredith was not accustomed to coming into such clutch situations with runners on base. He almost always starts off an inning.