Assigned seating at movie theaters

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by uscvball, Jul 30, 2018.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Anyone else have to do this in your area? The theater where I usually go, Regal, recently implemented a policy where you have to pick your seat before you enter the theater. When you go to the window, they show you an ipad with the available seats and you have to pick or you can't buy a ticket. Same thing online.

I'm not sure I understand the point. I suppose it eliminates people who show up late and have to keep asking if "those seats are taken" but I foresee issues when someone arrives and there is somebody in their seat. Clearly if you want a particular spot, you have to show up early. But what if you don't like the people you are sitting next to?

I'm not a fan of this policy. If I buy a ticket, I want to walk in and then choose my seat and be able to move to a different one.

LSUTiga likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Shaa baby. lol Seriously, that is cute.

I have to think "they" think it may serve as some kind of deterrent. I just don't know what for. If someone is going in to shoot, they expect for it to end in prison, or death so where they're seated matters not.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would want to be seated behind the shooter rather than offering the back of my head.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's a relatively minor issue in terms of life but dang....going to the movies isn't a ball game or a concert.

I tend to think businesses don't do anything unless it's profit-motivated. Perhaps they are looking to cut back on refund requests that come from online orders. All I know is it has gone from pretty much no lines ever to long lines at the window and long lines to get in.

5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

They also assign seats in some Houston area theaters.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't go out to see movies much but if I wanted to go to a theater that had assigned seating I would buy good seats online without having to stand in line. Maybe go with a couple of friends and sit between them so I wouldn't have to sit next to some fat guy who smelled like stale cheese.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I actually agree with your position Imquoted in the other post. I'm not going if I can't sit where I want.

Not surprised. Are the segregated too?

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

[​IMG]

Just saying, but assigned movie seating might just be the answer to behaviors like this.

Tickling buttholes is literally a form of torture. It's a gateway to shit like pissing in the mashed potatoes and nonsense like that. Gotta stand up, peps.

kcal and BAY0U BENGAL like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard the police are looking for the guy who has been pissing into jars of roux.

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

hero

BAY0U BENGAL and Bengal B like this.