News Ascension Catholic High School

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by seabrookcajun, Dec 14, 2018.

1. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

I suspect he is really referring to private schools. Most of them just happen to be Catholic in Louisiana.

furduknfish, Richdog and LSUTiga like this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Correct.

3. LSUTiga

It's not about how many. In fact, I'd think there are more public schools. If you think "how many" matters you're way off base. It's about a kid being able to live in any public school district yet still be able to attend any private school he chooses. Public school kids must reside in the school district for the school they attend.

A private school in any given District can pull know kids who are zoned for 8 different public schools- zone doesn't matter.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I thought they had enacted a private school district ordinance a few years ago; that's why the number would matter. Fewer private schools would mean larger attendance districts. That's how it ought to be, and if its not, that's a problem.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

That's just it, they don't have "attendance districts" really. They can take kids from as far as the kids' parents are willing to drive.

As far as football goes, take John Curtis Football, for example. You think it’s that far superior of coaching that got them their 25 State Championships in 43 yrs? Or Evangel winning 12 in 25 yrs? When you are loaded with talent enough to win State Championships year after year after year, in football, you have to have an edge.

Brian, APPTiger and Richdog like this.
  6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

For this and a lot of other stuff, I expect we are in the last decade of football as we knew it.

Brian and el005639 like this.
  7. LSUTiga

With the brain research coming out today on the long term effects, I agree with you.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

I wonder if his dad was Tommy Trosclair. We coached middle school bball against each other many moons ago. I was in a public school and he was at St Esmunds Catholic but we beat them both times. He did a great job with his kids though.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I've heard from more than one coach that Curtis, directly or indirectly, sponsors recreation department teams in their area. All of these youth teams run the same basic offense and defense the Curtis varsity runs, in simplified forms. So by the time the kids enter JCC as freshman, they've got about 8 years familiarity with the schemes. If true, that's a helluva advantage.

Brian and APPTiger like this.
  10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

roll tide

el005639 and furduknfish like this.