As it turns out, Les wasn't such a great recruiter, either

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

The OL is abysmal. The quarterbacks are pedestrian. The receivers can't get open and are not very good at YAC, either.

Hard to say "great" when we always seem like half a team.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think it's more of a development issue than it is recruiting. A lot of these same kids were recruited by Alabama.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Let's see how we finish out the season. Bama is good.

P&G Fan and TheRealist like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

No one is denying that. That front 7 is really good. That being said Ole Miss and Arkansas both put up a lot of points on them. We put up a goose egg with the greatest tailback to ever wear purple and gold. He has 140 career rushing yards in 3 seasons against Alabama because of the offensive line and hell he doubled that last game against Ole Miss. We should have been able to put up at least a score or 2 on them.

The reason I feel we didn't is because of things.

Alabama recruits to play LSU, and LSU tries to out Alabama Alabama. And lastly the only players who get developed on the offensive side of the ball are receivers and tailbacks. We don't develop O linemen, we don't develop quarterbacks. Our O line as big as they are looked like toddlers. I can't believe they didn't have enough in them to at least get a few points, very very disappointing.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Based on early field position, and the INT, LSU should've been up 14-0 in the 1st Qtr. Add in Bama's starting field position for most of the night inside their own 10-15 yrd line should've spelled an LSU ass whopping. If only we had an offense.

6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

It's mainly about development. Bama develops their players, we have not done as well when it comes to the OL and QB. I do think we need a lil more size to better match up with Bama. Especially on the DL, which we will do now that Chavis is gone. I like our young talent there, Alexander, Lawrence, etc will be great Tigers. We just need a bit more size, and some DE's.

TwistedTiger and TheRealist like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

We have to stop losing the best kids in this state to Alabama too.

Richdog, Herb, rockwallfan and 4 others like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think I meant to quote the OP. Oh well, I guess I fumbled.

9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Not sure if this the best thread to mention this, but since we're talking about Les and recruiting here goes. Regarding Les and the horrible track record with QB's at LSU. Look at the success Dak Prescott is having so far as a rookie in the NFL. Les recruited him late in the process and wanted him to play defense IIRC. We all know about Dak's success at Moo U, including that game in TS a couple of years ago when he carved us up big time. That tells all you all need to know.

10. LaSalleAve

Les Miles should never be a part of any kind of offense in any capacity for the rest of his life. He needs to just hang it up. This game has passed him up. Maybe he should be a social worker.