As if it weren't bad enough

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Dec 5, 2018.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Does this mean you are leaving?

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Stop, youre scaring away the recruits.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LOL That made me spit out my beer.

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

He has promised to leave half a dozen times. He can't help himself. He needs this. His family probably won't hear him out anymore.

didit, shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

3rd SEC West

furduknfish and TigerTap like this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I think he doesn’t really mean to constantly demean I hope.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I hear you, but we’re also #10 in nation. In the past, third in SEC may have meant 30th in the country. SECw is a competitive beast. Plus, we all know that we beat A&M, at least 3 times that night. Even the pollsters know it. So really we’re number two.

It’s even more competitive in the recruiting rankings. We’re #4 there, behind, you guessed it, 3 SEC West teams . At some point, competition this tight can become unhealthy. Think, some of the charter schools where the top 50 students all have 4.2 GPAs or higher, and top 10 have 4.5 GPAs. Decimal point differences between number one and number 50. It gets to be ridiculous, and you have to watch what you wish for. Eventually, cheating, infighting, discontentment in fan base all start to creep in and sap away the actual accomplishments the team does achieve. At some intervals, I think it’s okay to be content. That doesn’t mean you quit trying and striving to get to #1, but you need to enjoy the ride, too, or you miss out.

For me, 9-3 with the beast of a schedule we had, numerous question marks and injuries on offense, and #10 in the final CFP poll, I’ll take that all week long. Can we be better on offense? Of course, but I’ll focus on the positives, and hope that the coaches build on that and improve on the problem areas, rather than that we were #3 in SECw.

ROY_LA_CA and didit like this.
  8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Speciel Ed manages to fuck up quite nicely on his own. Just lost the #1/#2 Juco CB in the Nation to West Virginia. Yes, the Mountain Mamas now taking recruits from LSU & Rosy O. Has LSU ever lost a recruit to WVU before?

wvmetronews.com/2018/12/10/former-lsu-commit-dreshun-miller-flips-to-west-virginia

"Sources familiar with LSU’s recruiting previously told MetroNews the Tigers targeted Miller when the expectation was that third-year cornerback Kristian Fulton would leave early for the NFL draft. With Fulton now expected to return after suffering a late-season injury and other previously inexperienced players proving their worth at both corner and safety"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...-from-lsu-commits-to-west-virginia/ar-BBQMgpn

Wanted to play him at Safety? Rosy O eating retard sammiches, as if he needs 'em.

Add Dreshun Miller to Patrick Sustain & Mario Goodrich, both currently in the CFB playoffs. LSU sent out to the desert..

Perple and TeamofSavages like this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Really? Pretty bad try you can do better. If Miller was so good why West Va? So Bama, Ga, Fla and A&M didnt take him? Hey Dreshaun play safety or hit the road mountain moonshine is a waiting.

Below is an article on just how meaningless his de-commitment was.

In what came as no surprise at all, JUCO cornerback Dreshun Miller de-committed from LSU yesterday and is now committed to West Virginia. This was a situation where there was a mutual parting of ways. The word I’ve heard is that LSU was interested in Miller more as a safety but he wanted to play cornerback and LSU has bigger CBs on their board.

So what does LSU’s cornerback class look like without Miller? Well, LSU already has a commitment from Derek Stingley, Jr (the nation’s No. 1 CB), Maurice Hampton, and Cordale Flott. The Tigers are also in on several four-star cornerback prospects including Alabama commit Christian Williams and two uncommitted CBs, Jay Ward (who will be visiting this weekend) and Raydarious Jones (who just visited last weekend). Honestly, Miller’s decommitment doesn’t hurt LSU in the least bit and helps by opening up an additional spot for the many targets still on LSU’s board. LSU’s class currently contains 19 commitments and is ranked No. 4 in the nation, per 247Sports.

Next

fanatic and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Don't mean to demean however the hard truth can look demeaning. I will try not to demean the alreadt demented.