Arkansas discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Nov 11, 2015.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Bama is done and has been debated to death, time to discuss this week's very important game. Several issues come to mind. First we ALWAYS seem to have trouble with the piggies. Second they are built similar to and play a similar style as Alabama which just beat us like a drum. I know, I know Arky isn't as talented, but they shouldn't be taken lightly. Third, how does this team respond to last week's beat down? Do they come out flat like they usually do against Arky or do they show some fire?

I would ask if the staff makes adjustments on offense, but I think everyone already knows the answer to that. How does everyone feel about this game? Anyone been keeping an eye eye on the piggies? We can't afford to drop two in a row, especially to a less talented but hot piggy team.

LSUMASTERMIND and TheRealist like this.
  2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If I was a betting person, I would take the Hogs and the 7 1/2 points. We may win, but I don't think we will beat the spread.

ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Arkansas has the worst pass defense in the SEC. It's too bad we won't take advantage of it.

4. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

I dont think we will win
    Ark will play identically to ala. they may give up a few pass tds but so what. Ark just has to outscore lsu, hope for some turnovers and have long deives to keep fournette off field. The most dangerous team to play- is one that doesnt give a crap. Ark doesnt give a crap and can only get mad props for winning a game they are expected to lose

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Similar to the UF game. Losing team here lost the turnover battle.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think we win. We will score at leat 30 on their D. I don't see our defense giving up 30.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Definitely take the Hogs and the 7.5 and here's why.

1. No one really takes this series seriously. LSU has Ole Miss the following week, and just got beaten physically and mentally by Alabama. Last year LSU crumbled up and died after a tough loss to Alabama in this game. Bret Belima comes from a conference where every other week they play for some stupid trophy. This is a game that's played for a stupid trophy. Let's hope the players are taking this one more seriously than LSU fans. While everyone still talks about the Alabama game, Arkansas is quietly on the move up in the SEC West.

2. Arkansas was able to beat LSU last year with a QB who went 16/27 for 169 yards. This year Brandon Allen is a much better quarterback than he was a year ago.

3. You think LSU had an abysmal rushing attack last game? Think about this. That team last year had Trai Turner and La'El Collins blocking, both guys are already dominating in the NFL in their rookie seasons. Last year Terrance Magee 7/24, Darrell Williams 6/16, Leonard Fournette 5/9, Jennings 12/8, and Dural 1/6. If LSU can't run the football it's gonna be a long night.

3. As twisted pointed out these 2 teams, like Alabama are very similar. There aren't smoke and mirrors, it's line up I formation and run the ball to set up play action. Collins is a 1000 yard back and this is the biggest offensive line in college football. LSU is at a serious disadvantage being we only have 2 linebackers that are worth a fuck and play a lot of nickel, and don't rotate the defensive tackle position due to the fact that Gilmore and Herron just aren't very good.

4. LSU under Les Miles is one of the worst teams in the NCAA at covering the spread.

How LSU can win:

The formula will be the same it should have been against Alabama. You can't just expect to run all over this team. You are going to have to establish some sort of passing game to allow the run to work. Get Harris some confidence early, throw a few short routes, the shallow cross to Dupre, the throw to Fournette out of the backfield on the little circle route should be there. Arkansas isn't going to be able to stop LSU with 4 and 5 man fronts so the box will be loaded in this game. If LSU can back off the safeties, and have the linebackers on their heels in the passing game, we should be able to run the football. Also you can't continue to have special teams gaffes. No more directional kickoffs, no more missed blocks in the return game and stupid penalties. Brandon Harris will also have to be on his game. He has to have a short memory and forget about the last game. I do like the fact that he blamed himself after the interception, that shows me he is being a leader.

Anyway, that's what I think.

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Hogs have a massive offensive line that is imposing. QB can chuck it and their backs look great with that line pushing. Their D is an entirely different story. Them and old piss went back and forth each scoring fairly quick on explosive drives. Hogs play you through the whistle ALL day and will try to settle it in OT. Really hard team to just put away early.

Time of possession and LB's are key in this one. Long sustaining drives are ideal to keep it out of their hands, so LF/ Guice/ williams gettin theirs is likely and you know their is no plan B. If we get behind, it's bombs away. Be nice to avoid 3rd and 16. ST is a toilet flush, so good luck with that. Give us a turn over for points and I like our chances. We need the crowd all in but I'm afraid a couple 3 and outs and the birds will boo. Golden Girl sighting would be nice. Not 1 GG sighting during bammer, just sayin...

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The key to beating Arkansas is the same as it was in the Bama game, LSUs passing game. Miles either gets it or LSU loses another game they should win. Arky will stack the box daring LSU to throw the football. On offense Arky will be balanced taking whatever the defense gives them. This is Miles game to win or lose, no blaming it on the other team being more talented.

LSUMASTERMIND and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

My response was what I think happens -vs- what should happen. Lesson learned.