Ark vs LSU by the numbers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Nov 24, 2002.

1. WooStLouiee

WooStLouiee Freshman

Ark vs. LSU

We UA fans may be overusing the "undefeated in Little Rock" slogan. Eventually, we'll lose a game there under Nutt. By the same token, I don't think the LSU vs. Ark. series history since 1930 (or anytime for that matter) is any more of an indication of who will win. I think this will be a very close game because our strength on defense (rushing) is your strength on offense. What I've seen of the LSU offense the last two weeks is an anemic passing attack, which may not be able to exploit our weak passing defense. On the other hand, your d-line and linebackers look to be a stiff test for our running game. I don't think we'll have much success passing though.

That said, my prediction is Hogs 27, LSU 21. Hope I'm right, but I'm sure most of you disagree. Anyway best of luck and I hope those who attend the game have a pleasant stay in Little Rock.

Go Hogs

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Well, of course we disagree. Thats our job. :p Our defense will remain effective for as long as we can move the ball...even a little bit. The problems for us come when we go 3 and out a few times in a row. Then the defense gets tired, and we start to give up little chunks here and little chunks there. We are a very tough team to beat when we just get marginal success moving the ball. Third down will be the pivotal down of every series in this game. Arkansas is last in the league on third down conversions by virtue of their offensive style. We havent done much better. Neither team can survive a bunch of 3rd and long situations. Whoever can consistently create 3rd and short situations should win the game (barring lots of turnovers).

3. FayettenamHog

FayettenamHog Freshman

I agree with you. I do have an honest question. What is your turnover margin? I noticed you turned the ball over 4 times (I think) against OM. Is that normal or just a bad day? Just asking because when the other team turns it over against us, we tend to have more sucess. If you guys turn the ball over a few times, it may coast you. However, if you don't, the Hogs will have to be better at driving the ball down the field. With the D you have, that is maybe too much to ask. Good luck Friday.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

It was pretty much a anomoly...just a bad day. But bad days wait out there for us all.