Are you mad because Romney is rich?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Aug 7, 2012.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

the problem with the american public, as personified by people like you, is that they sort of practice a stupid brand of superficial political and economic analysis. you dont really know anything or read books about economic poicy, or have any understanding of how markets work (i am not saying i do), and you are not making any real points. you assume that policies that enrich people necessarily do it at the expense of the poor and play the same games that collectivists have been using to oppress people for generations.romney and almost every modern politian, favor policies that would generate almost all of the government's revenue from the top 50%.

the solution to everything isnt to soak the rich. you have to be more sophisticated than that.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

reluctantly Martin is right about being more sophisticated. Obama is kinda arrogant himself, you have to be extremely arrogant to want to be the president. Try to look past personalities.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Those are bullshit numbers. 100,000 jobs added my ass. Hell, the economy added 163,000 jobs last month alone! Obama has added 4.2 million private sector jobs since taking office.

[​IMG]

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Obama didn't do chit. Rhetoric that the President or the Government adds anything valuable is crap.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Is this a game or do you not know the difference between gross and net?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's a game. Now you get to offer some substance to the absurd notion that Obama has produced only 100,000 new jobs since taking office.

7. LSUsupaFan

You've done all the research for me. The graph you posted shows net job grwoth of around 100,000 jobs. Exactly what the Washington Post infographic gyver posted demonstrates.

Are you unable to understand that, or are you being obtuse?

8. LSUMASTERMIND

are you associating the job loss with the fact that the government and school districts chopped jobs like lettuce at McDonalds? or just want us to concentrate on the net.

9. LSUsupaFan

Does anything besides net really matter?

and you would have to show me some support for that contention anyway, because government payrolls were bloated by wastful ARRA dollars.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

not even, that money was used to shore up state budget shortfalls, while they lay off or fired many teachers and non essential employees.

yes the context matters, private sector is what conservatives value more, thats where the job growth has taken place over the past 2 years.