Vote Now! Are you convinced Les Miles will start Brandon Harris vs Auburn?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 28, 2014.

?

Are you convinced Les Miles will start Brandon Harris vs Auburn?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2014.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    63.9%
  1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm a little surprised that he announced this early in the week, but it's much better for the team to have that out of the way and for the media to stop asking that question.

2. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

The word "convinced" is why I voted no. Now, I'm convinced, so can I change my vote?

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Same here. Had he used a word not so absolute, I would've voted "yes." I was 99% sure but "convinced" is 100%.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He reads here and just wanted to shut that wize ass poster, shane90210, whatever, up.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Haha I could not be so lucky

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I got it wrong, but remember the question was, what did we think Les would do? Not what do we think should be done....I predicted in another thread that it would take Les longer than this to pull the trigger....glad to be wrong. It may not work out, but Harris deserves to start.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

People said all along that Les is stubborn and doesn't make a change unless he has to. Well, he had to. That's why I thought he would make the change. But I figured we would find out about it after the kickoff. Les is pretty cagey.

8. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Which is why you have to parse the quote. "It would stand to reason that he (Harris) would get the first snaps in the next game."

I could easily see Les saying -- after Jennings trots out for the first series -- "I never said number 6 would start. I said it would stand to reason that he would." Then the Barn would have gotten sucked into preparing for a QB who Les never intended to start, even if it would have been reasonable to assume that QB would start.

Or, Harris could go out for the first two snaps and hand the ball off. Then Jennings comes in for the remainder of the game, or until the Tigers are 17 points down. Technically, he would have taken "the first snaps."

Or maybe Les has found some loophole that will allow him to run the All 11 offense (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-11_offense) using both quarterbacks.

Of course, it's far more likely that Harris will start and play (hopefully well) but with the Mad Hatter you never know.

And, before you say it @shane0911 I know, I know, fucking lawyers. :cool:

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Even after Les sort of announced Harris would start people are still looking for loopholes in what he said. Come on, guys, can't you just take Les at his word? Can you even understand what his word is?

10. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Agree --- It's much better for the team to have this decision made sooner rather than later.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Coach Miles asked Coach Cameron, "We'll Cam, I'm really not sure, what do you think, should we start Brandon?"