Are we in a hole in regards to QB recruiting?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by HalloweenRun, Dec 29, 2014.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I admit I don't know JACK about recruiting, but it would seem we might be in a big hole in regards to being able to recruit the top shelf QB that we need.

Seems we would be the poster child for "negative recruiting" by our competitors, and their story has a lot of truth, unfortunately. Go into a kids living room and say, I hear you are interested in LSU, well let me make sure you understand what has been going on down there over the past "n" years..........

The longer the QB drought goes on, the deeper the hole, it would seem to me.

Is this an issue?

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

QB has been an issue most of the time Miles has been here, nothings changed there. IMO there are two things Miles needs to do to change this. First and most important is to figure out what type of offense he wants to run and recruit QB's that fit that offense. Second thing is don't worry so much about recruiting the top rated QB's and concentrate on smart, quality QB's that are less worried about winning the Heisman and more worried about winning games.

LSU needs a quality game manager that can make good, quick decisions and get the ball in the hands of the many play makers on the roster. Once Miles gets one of those and shows recruits he can run a balanced quality offense more than once every five years recruiting QB's should become easier.

msully likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Personally I hope he just keeps the offense the way it is and goes out and get a guy who can run it. I would still watch LSU but having to watch a team and root for a team that runs a gimmick wing T offense would be a bitter pill to swallow.

msully likes this.
  4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

"Death Valley. Where allegedly talented HS QBs come to hand the ball off a lot and never get any better than they were in high school and have their NFL dreams die."

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

We got the QB in Tx that won the State Championship two years in a row. One for next year, maybe 2. And a Walkon that will be a preferred player...and don't forget...

LSU gets commitment from eighth-grade QB Zadock Dinkelmann
    By Jerry Hinnen / College Football Writer

February 24, 2014 12:11 PM ET
    Back in 2012, Les Miles and LSUraised some eyebrows by offering local Baton Rouge prospect Dylan Moses -- despite the fact Moses had yet to enroll in eighth grade.

But Moses waited until September of 2013 to actually commit to the Tigers, meaning LSU now has a new record-holder when it comes to the youngest commitment to the school. Per Geaux247, the Tigers have offered and accepted a commitment from Somerset, Texas quarterback Zadock Dinkelmann, a 14-year-old current eighth-grader.

Dinkelmann's commitment was confirmed by his uncle Ty Detmer, the 1990 Heisman Trophy winner and BYU quarterbacking legend. Dinkelmann is -- not surprisingly -- LSU's first commitment for the class of ... wait for it ... 2018.

From Geaux247 reporter Sonny Shipp:

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Dinkelmann is the youngest known commitment for LSU since the age of the internet.

Sources on the LSU side say that Cameron has never seen an eighth grade quarterback with Dinkelmann's physical tools at this stage of his development. Cameron also likes the fact that Dinkelmann plays for head coach Sonny Detmer.

Shipp adds that between Moses (a member of the class of 2017) and Dinkelmann, LSU is the only school (according to 247Sports) to have at least one commitment for every class through 2018.

"You dream of stuff like that,” Johan Dinkelmann, Zadock’s father, told Geaux247 Monday. "That was a great moment for all of us. You are surprised when your kid is a junior and a team like LSU calls. Zadock was able to get the good news much earlier than we expected ...

"It’s a very unique situation in the fact that he’s been a huge LSU fan for a while ... His grandpa is a big LSU fan. My dad really likes coach Miles and Cam, so Zadock gravitated that way at a young age ... It was definitely his dream offer.”

Dinkelmann is not the youngest quarterback to commit to a major BCS-level program; David Sills, now of Eastern Christian Academy of Elkton, Md., committed to Lane Kiffin and USC as a 13-year-old in 2010. Now a three-star prospect for the class of 2015, Sills is still committed to the Trojans.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Such much irony in that statement. Like anyone can take comfort when we have such a no QB developing cock sucker on the sidelines.That really pisses me off about doofus. He better have our Tigers get a good break out of the gates and run hard, and dominate to the end tomorrow.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Sorry I answered his question.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Right.....because Les Miles taught JaMarcus Russell to make Purple Drank and not put in any work. Because Matt Flynn has hung around the league for about 8 years. Because Zack Mettenberger got an opportunity to start as a rookie. No chance for an LSU QB to get to the NFL.

cajdav1, msully, didit and 2 others like this.
  9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

This is a stupid thread. Our starter last year started in the NFL this year. What the hell are you guys talking about? There are tons of good programs in college and very few qbs ever start in the pros. I know we think our entire team should be drafted every year but it doesn't work like that. Every team has guys that don't live up to their star ranking. We had a freshman and sophomore this year. Relax!

msully, red55 and LSUDad like this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Some just can't.