Aranda's biggest mistake this year.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex, Jan 4, 2017.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

That's the right call if you're DBU. If you have your opponent on their own 2, you sell-out...or at least make them think you are...because you know your corners will get the job done. I'd rather them go all out for the safety every time because if you run that play 10 times that was the one time Jackson would get beat. Unfortunate but it won't happen again.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Obviously not.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

You just described chief's 2 minute philosophy.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It would have been absorbed if our offense hadn't had laid so many eggs.

$TigerFan$ likes this.
  5. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

That play did not lose that game! A better argument could be made that Guice lost the game.

didit and $TigerFan$ like this.
  6. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Had we not stalled when we had a chance to take the lead, it would not have hurt us. We score that TD and I think we run away with it. We started tripping over our own feet and just could not get any momentum.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Nupe what do you think the deal with KTII is? Every time I see the kid play he is locked on to his man, he just doesn't have great ball skills. I mean Ed Paris was playing over him at times last year, he just vanished. Was he slacking off in the weight room or at practice or just in the doghouse somehow? I'll ask @bhelmLSU also.

8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

The better argument is to dissect things that actually happened versus something that MIGHT have happened.

9. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

Our D will only get better as Aranda gets more of his own guys in place, particularly on the d-line and LB. It's hard to play a 3-4 with smallish d-lineman and LB's. When we can get a consistent push up the middle on pass plays and not get pushed up the middle on run plays, we are going to be a pretty fierce defense. Our freshman d-lineman in many cases are significantly larger than our upper classmen, who are holdovers from the Chavis days.

Aranda, and our players, did a great job on D this year. I am excited about things to come when more of the pieces are in place to really fit his scheme.

65Grad, TwistedTiger and Rouxleaux like this.