Apparently Chris Tolliver really enjoyed his Bama visit

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bayoubengal08, Dec 9, 2007.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

All of the recruits had a one-on-one with Saban Sunday.

Generic jerseys with high school numbers.

I thought about the comment about the numbers being tight, but then again, that's true. Is that a full court press or just stating the facts? I'd love to see Tolliver in Crimson, but it won't make or break the class.

As to the in-home visits, he's made them this past week with solid verbals as well. Hell, I won't deny he (Saban) would love to have Tolliver on the team. Geez, assuming we pick up Jones as well, how dangerous of a 3 wide set would it be with Julio, Chris, Melvin Ray, Burton Scott (and I think he'll eventually end up on D)...this list could go on...

Forget double teams.

2. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

I don't understand why he would want to go to Bama any way they already have 6 WRs commited and Julio Jones will more than likely make it 7. If doesn't want to go to LSU he should go some where where he could have a better chance at playing time and playing right away.

IMO the kid is overrated. He wasn't even the best reciever on his team, his teammate, Kenny Bell will be better than he is next year. I think we should save that spot for a defensive player.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I saw him this weekend eating at Chuck's Fish and he seemed to be having a good time. I think he likes Alabama a lot and Saban realizes Melvin Ray may not be there and I believe he would like Scott as a DB, thus Tolliver could see significant playing time right away, which is different here.

One thing I dont like and hope that it doesnt happen is his coach trying to steer him one way or the other. I have very little respect for people that do that and the reports I have seen is his coach may be that type. Their are quite a few in the Mobile area (barners) that do it.

When it comes down to it I suspect he will like LSU more but will ultimately commit to the University of Hargrave Academy.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Thats why he likes Bama, as your perceptions are backwards. We have lots of young talent and Alabama lost their top three WR's.

Not sure where you got 6 WR commits from but:

WR's:
    Destin Hood - Will play Pro baseball
    Melvin Ray - Very well could go to FSU.

ATH:
    Burton Scott - Will most likely be a CB.
    Mark Barron - Safety
    Devonta Bolton - TE or LB.

So basically they have one WR on the board and he may be a Seminole.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The only thing I wonder about (what you posted) is what Scott does on offense. He'll have his shot at first. But, like you, I see him in the future in the defensive backfield.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't know the coach, but the way it sounds is the coach believes that LSU provides the best opportunity because of connections/alum for living in Louisiana in the future, and all he'll do is explain that to Tolliver.

I don't think he is going to try to manipulate him or make him go some place other than where he wants to go.

7. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

I believe Tolliver was unsure about Miles being at LSU, and considered bama, but I've heard he will be a Tiger.

8. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

I saw where they had 6 commitments that are listed as WRs, didn't know they would be moved to different positions.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I am assuming they listed athletes. As big a factor playing time is, being "home" and having support of your peers does make a difference. I think ultimately it will make a difference.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Therein is one of the reasons why Scout is behind the times when it comes to recruiting news. Who ever handles the area from B-ham and below that doesn't follow this closely, at all.