Anyone Watch GA Southern Clemson 2018

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RamahRising, Aug 14, 2019.

?

Will LSU cover the 25 Point spread vs GSU?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2019.
  1. A) Ramah right ... LSU rolls by 40+

15.8%
  2. B) LSU covers, winning by 35 or more

5.3%
  3. C) LSU covers, winning by 26 or more

31.6%
  4. D) LSU fails to cover, winning by 14 or more

36.8%
  5. E) LSU WINS A NAIL BITER

5.3%
  6. F) LSU loses sending forum Turdburglars into a frenzy

5.3%
  1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

They ran it last year. I saw it. It's a tweaked option coming out of the shotgun instead of under center, but it's still an option based offense. That was a tweak from DeBesse.

2019 GSU preview:

God bless the Georgia Southern option. As I wrote in last year’s preview, identity is a blessing and a curse, and an option identity spells that out pretty clearly. On one hand...

A practice note I saw last week mentioned movement from a stacked backfield to a four wide set. It's not your Daryl Royal attack, but definitely an option based offense.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

OK, hasn't run your typical trip option in a couple years. They're practicing with 4-5 wide sets this season.

Point being, people always point to the cut block danger when facing a trip option team, and GSU doesn't run that style.

tzanghi likes this.
  3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

To be honest with you, it's more akin to something Nichols State runs than triple option.

Also, we're talking about a team ULM whipped pretty badly last season. I mean, even TROY beat them. They ain't shit!
    Oh...wait.....

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's true, they have been practicing with those sets. It's not true they haven't run a trip option in a couple of years. They were running it last year. I had money on the GSU vs UMASS game and watched them run that set.

It took five seconds to find footage. Here's your cut block coming (see video link:)
    4.jpg

From this play (which was one of many.)

https://streamable.com/f9ajs

The halfback dive is a staple:

https://streamable.com/9r8qq

watson1880 and Fishhead like this.
  5. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

You’ll be WRONG AGAIN ... Same as the first games last year ...
    VEGAS has no handle on LSU yet ...
    Oeaux will not run up the score against his in-state pals the Demons ...

First three games are a 100% lock ...
    And, you can wager at the Silver Slipper now in Mississippi ... No need for Vegas

My first three game profits will allow me a trip to Bora in Nov ... again ... Same as 2018

While in my overwater bungalow at the Four Seasons, I’ll sip a cocktail and watch this

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

After watching the triple option run a lot (Navy and GA Tech) It seems to me that SPEED on defense kills it. Need I say more.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

OK Terry, you win this one lol. A couple cut blocks for sure.

I can't believe you didn't like the ULM and Troy tidbit though.

8. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

They don’t have a prayer ... You’ll see 7-8 three and out series ... GSU First downs will be counted on one hand after 3 quarters and a 40 point deficit ...

Quarter 4 ... Oeaux shows mercy???? A Cheap score or two? I see subs playing twice as hard to get noticed and Brennan scoring 2 late TDs with his “chance to shine”

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Im probably getting deep into semantics. Hell, found myself looking for the ACC Network an hour ago because I wanted football news in the background while surfing around—remembered, there's an episode of College Football Live I missed.

I've got what could be looked at as a contradictory view on these first two games. If LSU makes it through easily, it's a good sign for the staff and organization skills. So many story lines.

On the other hand, LSU making it easily through these two games it's definitive either. In my view, we don't know who the Longhorns are this season. Like Scott Frost and the expectations at Nebraska, I need to see it from Herman and Texas.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

It takes severe homerism to expect LSU to "easily" make it through TX.
    GSU, not so much.
    The game being the opener gives LSU an advantage against GSU.

LSU is more talented and experienced than TX, but TX has some players and experience at the most important position on the field.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.