Anyone wanna know the REAL National Champions for 2003?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Aug 27, 2004.

1. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

Naw, that doesn't work for the boyz from troy, they now lay claim to a national title for 1939 with only 1 out of 11 votes. Texas am was undefeated and the clear nat. champ, but thats not good enough for Usuck. Seems that if you even mention their name they claim a title faster than bama. :lol:

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I'm surprised they don't claim a title for 2002. They had one service vote them No. 1 over Ohio State.

3. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

I'll be pulling for USC tomorrow...

...to be shut out by VT! :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Well once kickoff tomorrow begins, the issue of spilt title is over. hopefully. go hokies

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

just because you think USC and LSU was neck and neck doesn't make it so. yes, they were good but by no means on the same page as LSU defensive wise. Nor were they near as tested. Padding stats in the pac 10 offensively doesn't amount to much when all said and done. Same thing this year.\

As Stacey pointed out, the most feared team was OU because of their talented defense and we completely shut those boys down. That being said, its ok to be objective to not be a homer...I'm usually very objective and I was last year til the last snap of the NC game in NO. But make no bones about it.....LSU was the superior team last year and would have spanked the troyboys moreso than not in any series.

And no, why would i be willing to say a split NC is ok? After the fact is total BS. Maybe TCU could claim it, get some pub for the press and most people would say, well Im ok with a split NC from TCU. That aint how it works.