Anyone ever protest B4?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Fang, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Fang

Fang Veteran Member

Can the people hold up when the snow starts to fall? How ugly will it get if no change occurs? What change will end the madness?

2. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

People are “protesting” when they come together in an organized manner to voice their shared opinion in a manner that falls within the reasonable laws and restrictions that are in place to prevent them from infringing on the rights of others…what these morons in New York are doing is anarchy not protesting.

With that said….they are not allowed tents anymore so I would imagine they will not be there around the clock once the cold weather hits…though I’m sure they will still have daily demonstrations.

3. Fang

Fang Veteran Member

It's not just NY it's spreading to every major city in this country. The protesters are lacking a leader, that one voice that says, “This is what we want and here is how we get it.” Funny about the protest in NY, go home for a few hours we need to hose this place down and take your sh!t with you. I just saw that the cops hit some 80-year-old woman in the face with mace a few days ago. It’s going to be a cold winter. Something like this can easily boil over and it wont be long till fires and looting break out. But I am still confused about how they will stop it if it grows out of hand. Once the teargas and beanbags start to fly people will scatter but reform in different areas. IM waiting for some hothead cop to cap somebody one of these days and then you will see it really grow into something crazy.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

They are dumb. They will not affect any change because what they want is just not going to happen.

I sincerely hope they do stick it out and stay out in the cold. Call it thinning the herd. We don't need them anyway.

5. Fang

Fang Veteran Member

pretty cool! Fist in the air!

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Tyrant

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I bet the people whose taxes got raised to pay for these higher salaries might disagree with you as to whether you were doing a good thing or not ;)

8. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Yes, I have been a part of a protest before.

In 85 or 86, a few hundred students marched to Tiger Stadium to protest Bob Broadhead's proposal that students be required to buy $2 (I think) tickets to football games rather than just showing an ID at the gate to get in.

That protest worked out pretty well, didn't it?

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Obama is their leader, he has encouraged this with a wink and a nod. A lot of these people voted and bought into his hope and change and got no hope and a different kind of change. He owns this movement since he winked and nodded and has done nothing to stop the violence that has already happened. You think its bad now, wait around and see what happens if Obama gets another term which I doubt will happen. Still worse when this government does nothing to cut back spending and the market takes corrective action and the checks and benefits quit coming from the government.
    I have been to a few tea party rallies, One at the state capital in Denver the other in Washington DC. There you find good American, hard working down to earth people, no flag burning or violence. My trip wasn't funded by the Democrats or their unions.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Obama has nothing to do with the occupy movement. This is a lie.

Law enforcement is not a federal duty, but a local one. You should know better.

In fact there has been violence associated with the Tea Party.