Anyone else holding Hollywood accountable?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Perple, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bullshit

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

expand your palette turtle dude,.. I like the kinda movies you mentioned too, not many good ones lately though.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Agreed. I've always loved movies. They are a great source of entertainment and expression. I despise most of what Hollywood stands for, including the players, but I still love a good movie. I see far less than I used to but it's more a reflection of the lack of creativity. How many movies these days are re-makes? So stupid.

I'm sorta bummed that this will be the 2nd December without a new Hobbit movie but the Star Wars franchise will have another go at it. My kids both loved the new Spiderman. I'm looking forward to Dunkirk.

The one thing Hollywood does that I find easy to avoid is network TV. I haven't seen a sitcom in ages. Cable shows and series are way better. And if everyone is honest, lots of the same Hollywood mentality exists in the music world. Who in their right mind is willing to give up music? Hell naw.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea but they usually dont sing about SJW shit.

The Hobbit was a good series. Some liberties taken, but good. They could definitely do more with the Tolkien stuff.

I already hate the black storm trooper from the new star wars movies. There was an article a few days ago and he was complaining about Game of Thrones lack of "people of color". Whats next, Dunkrik is lambasted for lack of blacks?

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Depends on the genre. I don't buy culture-specific music as in rap but it's full of cop hate, etc. Lots of antifa style lyrics and shit. And if the performers aren't singing about it, the folks at the top making the big bank believe in it.

The only people blasting Dunkirk are the French. They don't think the movie gives them enough credit. Phuck you Macron.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Because the French only know capitulation. People dont make movies about that. They usually aren't around to talk about it.