Anybody watching the Little League game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Aug 21, 2005.

1. milohimself

milohimself Founding Member

I've been told he's got the tell-tale prepubescent voice. As I understand, he's legit.

What about that kid from the CA team with 18 K's? That was nuts.

And congrats to the chitluns from Lafayette

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

My son plays at Lafayette Little League in the age group just below the kids in the World Series. You cannot imagine what a program it is, all volunteers. The league stresses sportsmanship. For example one of the coaches of a team of 9 and 10 year olds was coaching third base with one of his boys on third. I forget the exact circumstance but the coach wanted his player to go and the kid was not sure of what to do (the coach was yelling and waiving his arms at the same time.) Anyhow, the coach gave the kid a very hard shove right into the dirt in front of a full house. He will not be coaching next year. Glad to see everyone pulling for these kids. Go Louisiana !

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

ESPN is comparing Louisiana's comback from being down 8 -1 against Kentucky to the Bluegrass Miracle ... SWEET !

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Bad positioning by the 1b. He was stepped on earlier in the game doing the same thing. Didn't look intentional, just a part of the game the kid hasn't learned yet. After the knee in the back, he may give more room in the future. Hope he wasn't seriously hurt.

Those Lafayette kids are really gamers. But the Hawaii and California teams look exceptionally good, particularly Hawaii.

5. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

ESPN clip about the win was classic:

They show the team from Kentucky leaving the field and huddling up where one kid says "If we 10 run rule them can we go for hamburgers?"

Invoice, Stuart Scott, "but teams from Kentucky should know better than to celebrate early against teams from Louisiana."

Highlight, the Bluegrass Miracle then the rally to make it 8-8 and the win 9-8.

CLASSIC!

6. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Danny Alamonte should be about 20 by now :shock: ...think the Saudis picked him up?!?!

7. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I believe this team from Lafayette is one of the first, if not the first from Louisiana to make it to the LLWS. This is really great for me because the Lafayette team has a number of kids whose parents I went to school with and know. Also, the man who started the Lafayette Little League was Mr. Buddy Guirovich, who is a great friend of my parents and a man who I played for when I was I kid. In fact they just erected a statue of Mr. Buddy outside the Lafayette Little League Park. However, when and where I played in Lafayette we played PONY baseball. (Protect Our Nations Youth)
    But these Cardiac Cajun Kids are fun as heck to watch. They just find a way to win. I've been more excited watching these kids than I ever have watching any MLB game this year.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

a few things really jumped out at me,

he's a freshman at 17? seems like he's still trying to cheat the system. i guess if its anything like athletics in La, he wont be able to play his jr or sr years.

he still needs a translator?

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

umm, check that. i guess if he was lying about his age years ago that would have put him behind in school. so 17 in 9th grade no surprise.